View Single Post
Clairefirestar9mm
Caboose :3

Old 01-24-2012, 04:48 AM

Azaiah inhaled deeply, trying to calm and center herself. Calm as the mountain, strong as the oak, swift as the wind, as changing as water... She repeated this mantra to herself as she practiced with her nunchakus, her movements precise and fast. The weapon was a blur, almost too fast to see.

She shifted awkwardly on her feet, loosing her balance for half a second. It was enough; with a painful smack, the end of her nunchaku hitting her ribs. She exhaled explosively, dropping to one knee as the already-bruised spot radiated with pain. "Of course," she growled through gritted teeth, angrier at herself more then anything. The fans she had mastered easily enough, but it was the nunchakus that she had difficulty with. Her father's voice rang in her ears- you'll learn; you are still young.

"I'm sixteen," she said soundly, a frown on her face. "I am not a child."

Rubbing at the sore spot on her ribs, she went to find the others, spotting Kyle, Tali and Bisma over near the sparring area. She headed over, repeating her mantra to herself to try and calm the irritation that stemmed from her failure. "Hello," she said, greeting the trio in her soft, silky voice. "Mind if I join you?"