View Single Post
Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 02-21-2012, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia View Post
Sellers don't sell items to be friendly and provide for buyers. Seller sell items for profit. Is that wrong? They work hard to earn the money, real or in-game, to obtain those items. And if someone out there wants to pay me a huge amount of money for that investment I made, I'll take it.

I agree, and quite often it's because the seller's have things they want to buy as well. Old items are rare and expensive. It's human nature to be competitive for things you want.

I'm guilty of charging 6000g for an item when it just comes out, waiting a week then selling that same items at a price that under cuts everyone. I take advantage of the MP to the fullest to make further effort n my quest. It depends on if your the only one selling the items too.

People look at my gold count or what my shop has made and just see the gold. Not the huge amount of money, time, brains, and effort behind it. Anyone can be rich in RL and at mene. Don't blame others when "Your doing it wrong" Perhaps I've spent to much time on MMO and avatar forums and it's made me a meanie face.

And while I am for my own gain, and often charge ridiculous prices one moment and undercut at the next, I'm also for others. I randomly donate items. I don't have a real charity or anything I just do. So I think a person can be both "out for themselves" in questing and toss out a helping hand now and then.