View Single Post
blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play them like a lullaby, like a reason why.

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 02-26-2012, 05:32 AM

(That's alright. I've been on and off all week. Plus I wasn't feeling good earlier in the week.)

Maiara slung her black messenger bag over her shoulder as she quickly walked down the stairs. Even though she forced the questions and thoughts that were flooding her mind she was having trouble masking her emotions. Or at least that is the way she felt, but anyone that looked at her would have most likely seen her normal serious expression, but with more determination than usual shining in her eyes. Reaching the bottom of the stairs she turned head out the sidewalk instead of going to the parking lot. The air wasn’t too chilly this morning and there were only a few clouds in the late-September sky. The forecast seemed to be right so far and they weren’t calling for any rain until later in the day. She smiled slightly to herself at the thought of being able to walk in the rain. At least that would be something she could look forward to.

Walking along the empty sidewalk towards a nearby shopping district she turned on her mp3 player, only sticking the left ear bud into her ear. Music, that will help me relax and think or so she thought. One of her favorite songs began to play, B*tch by Meredith Brooks, and she started to sing along. Singing along with the music helped to make her walk go faster. It also helped to clear her mind a bit and to think more positively. I can do this. It shouldn’t be that hard right? Especially if I go about this like I normally do with other problems I have. I’m usually good at making plans and thinking creatively so that should help in this kind of situation right? Just got to be positive about things. Before she realized it she was entering a small shopping district with privately owned business. In this little shopping district was one of the best cafes in the city. It was the perfect place to start her search and to get a good breakfast. This morning would be even better since it wasn’t too cold to sit outside.