View Single Post
Smores
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Old 03-16-2012, 05:19 PM

The deck of the ship was dead silent, dead being the most fitting word on such a ship. The crew waited at their stations - those who had their sanity mentally prepared. The others, just prepared in general. Below decks their Captain was busy doing what he does... scheming away. Many pirates say action is louder then words, and not to scheme ones life away. Though when death cant catch up to you, there is plenty of life to scheme away.

The crew had their eye on Tortuga, but constantly glanced over to the stairwell leading below deck. The Captain said to be ready, and they were. Awaiting on his slightest nod to open fire and riddle the port with cannon balls. Presumably the assault would be followed by a raid.. or in this case, with the Captains words, annihilation. The cannons with ball and chain waited, prepped to immobilize any ship that dare to interfere. Scarier still... whatever was occurring below decks - at their Captains hands, could never be good.

The silence was broken when the sound of...something, fell into the water. Then again, and again... Repeating for some time until they ceased. The splashes were sudden and very numerous, sporadic even. What kind of blasphemy was the Captain planning? The sound of water breaking ceased, and the crew had lumps in their throats and only the company of one another, and terrible thoughts in their heads.

The shallow silence was once more broken by footsteps on the stairwell... the Captain to be sure. The waited, nervous, for his figure to appear. For once they hoped it be him, and not one of those that reside below deck. Then there was the give away, the white hair of his. No hat ever perched his head, his hair was his calling card to the crew. Whispers of the crew and myth said that reminded him of something. Still no-one knew what of.

He was here. His figure on deck, his eyes closed. Still, the crew knew to prepare. Captain never stopped watching - the ship was his eye, his body. It was a part of him and aside from the spirits, the crew believe it would only ever serve him.

"Kill them all." Talons lips parted gently, if it were not those words it would almost be seductive. Also would help if it was not a man of such terror. Man... can he really be called such. Not that the crew would debate it, nor anyone whom longed to live. Still it did not matter. He made his orders.

Instantly the sound of cannons tore through the air, and moments later - the goal was clear to all near by. Tortuga's buildings shattered when struck. The screams started - the Captain smiled. The volleys continued.

The cannons fired fast - faster then any ship the Captain had ever encountered. His ship was a thing of war, and it let out a dreary creak from its black wooden self. The creak of approval the crew assumed. The Captain though, so pleased with himself. He watched on as the place caught fire - how did not matter. It was a bonus.

"Now spirits. Do you see!?" Talon raised his arms in glory, he was victorious over the spirits. Their threats and powers could not stop the physical being whom refused to be controlled. Nor the ship that bent to his every whim. "I am my own man! Let this be noted from here forth!" Talon turned to his crew whom had truly gone into a frenzy. Thoroughly enjoying the destruction of this port, yes. Still he knew what they wanted.

The land called them - just to be on dry land for a little while. To be a true pirate for a little while. They longed for it. "My crew. My ship. My rules." Talon crossed his arms and turned to look at the port he had set ablaze.

But something caught his eye. A ship. Off in the distance, leaving Tortuga too. The watchmen? No.. he had no one to punish on this ship. That figure was the watchmen as well. Until he had been banished by the Captain himself. Though that was the spirits fault, they are the ones who had to exert their will on him. No choice but that one, and regret was for the weak.

Either way it was but a ship. Some pirate on that ship, some Royal Navy men. It did not matter, if they approached him they would have their masts torn away. Like rending flesh from bone. No fear was held in the Captains heart. None at all.

The moment stood too well. That was the problem, and leave it to the spirits to ruin a mood.

"This will be a mistake you shall soon regret." The spirits spoke in tandem, man and woman this time. Calm... calm in the way as to un-nerve the weak. Something the Captain was not.

As such it was met with a chuckle. Though no crew heard it, at least they would never mention it. Scared to be punished by the Captain for gossip. He may not hear... but it was that ship. The crew would swear it was alive if they did not know any better. Ironically, they did not know any better.

"Fire several more volleys. We take to the land soon enough." With a casual wave of his right hand over the distant port, he signed the death warrant to the place. The people died, screamed and ran - yet he walked to his quarters. Content.

((Just to clarify your ship is moving while his does not - it just floats and shoots at the moment. No obstruction to your path. In case I made that unclear or confusing. Sorry I kinda made you all wait though, but I did come back. Hahaha.))

Last edited by Smores; 03-16-2012 at 05:21 PM..