View Single Post
Kry
Hero Complex

Old 03-22-2012, 06:54 AM

There was a pleasant smile on Ryek's lips, his expression was one a man wore when he knew he had made a good decision. Or at least, thought he had made a good decision. That expression did not remain long on his face though, hardened pirate features took over at once, and only an amused smile was left on his lips as he watched Talon cross over to his ship. "May the winds always be with you, my brother." An amused chuckle left his lips, only to stop immediately. His eyes turning to the sky at the sudden, ominous dark cloud. That definitely wasn't a good sign. The ship rocked as the sea grew very unsteady beneath and around her, Ryek began to immediately shout at his remaining crew, even though they were already in motion. Tugging ropes, tying things down.

Ryek grasped a free swinging rope, wrapped it around his forearm and gave a hard tug. He wasn't quite sure what that particular rope was attached to, but it was sturdy and it would keep him planted firmly on his ship while the waters raged beneath and around them. Lighting struck, and a whirlpool seemed to want to tug the two ships in to it. Devil's Dream almost seemed to hesitate of her own accord, or maybe the water hadn't caught her quite right. It was a barely noticeable hesitation, but Ryek knew his ship did not want to get pulled into a whirlpool, especially with Talon's so close. Likely the two vessels would smash into each other and in all likelihood destroy one another. The planks that had connected the two ships, slipped and fell into the sea when the whirlpool had started to move the ships. Then it was all over.

Ryek blinked, glared at the sky and cursed at it. He released the rope he held, and gave Talon a wave. "All is well." His eyes scanned over his ship, as far as he could tell there was no damage. Just frightened crew members. Then he surveyed Talon's ship, it also looked to be just fine. "My crew grows restless, I think it best if we were on our way. I've a treasure to find and a wench to do unspeakable acts too." He swept off his hat and bowed low to Talon before turning and giving the order to his crew. His first mate rushing to the upper deck to take the wheel just as Devil's Dream seemed to jump forward, almost skipping on the surface of the ocean for just a few seconds. Ryek would remain on deck though, shouting out things to crew. Insults, encouragement and crude jokes while he decided on the best way to deal with Gemma.