View Single Post
Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-14-2012, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoscout View Post
Well I was reminded of an important thing by hammy last night. Our threads are also used for practice, so it couldn't hurt to try fancy things. I think our main focus should be more on basic clothes, though, since the newbie shop is supposed to be more thrifty if anything. Not that I don't think the newbies deserve nice things, but as I said before I think the mina scarf is exceptionally nice for this cause and for its price. xD
Aw I'm glad you like my scarf <3 I worked really hard on it! And a long time too XD

But the fact that I worked really hard on it KNOWING it would be put in the shop for a cheap price is something to consider. I'm still not up to wishie's standards by any means although someday I'd like to be. And I know the scarf is pretty elaborate - along with my dress of doom - but it's more for MY practice and to try to get something in the shop that keeps me doing it.

Although it is also why I do more basic pieces too like the pineapple shirts, the shorts I've made, and the fairy top I'm currently making :D The shop is meant to offer basic cheap items for newbies. So things like shirts and shorts and pants and hats and socks and shoes would probably be better to make for the shop. But at the same time - I look for inspiration for items on google and DA and if I see something I like I'm going to do it - like the dang dress XDD