View Single Post
Lilith Immaculate
*^_^*
Banned

Old 05-15-2012, 03:40 PM

".... I looked out my window and toward the lake where voices and music could be heard and my heart sank. I could hear the laughter and it sank even further. I was fifteen and nearing my sixteenth birthday where I would undergo the surgery required to become a 'Pretty', as they were called. I still wasn't sure if I wanted to become a Pretty but I knew it was my only option. Some of the other kids had spoken about running away to a place they called 'The Smoke' but I'm not brave enough to face the Wardens if we were caught.
So I'll continue to sit here, looking out over the fields and through the trees towards the lights coming from over the lake and beyond the hill, dreading the day when I would plucked from my easy life and thrust into the lights and music of Pretty Town and lose all innocence I left behind here in Uglyville ....."

the world we know is a very different place ...
the old world is now known as the "Rusty Ruins" because over the time we used so much metal that over an even longer period of time it had all but deteriorated and rusted and ended up collapsing around us. The cause? The creation of an "oil bug" that caused oil to combust when it came into contact with oxygen.
the survives of the collapse decided that action had to be taken to prevent this happening in the future. They chose to spread out into cities, where they gradually became self sufficient and eco-friendly, and integrated the operations into the world.
one of the main points of the operation was to extend the halo effect to all citizens, which was an idea that beautiful people had better fortune. This "halo effect" helped in reducing disputes and violence. However, they were not satisfied enough with the results, so they decided to develop a brain lesion (purposely damaged brain tissue) that made people compliant and pleasant.
some people became aware of the operation, and the lesions, and decided that they couldn't live in a place where something of that magnitude was happening. Villages like "The Smoke" were established to give citizens a place to go to avoid the lesions, and to be separated from society. The Smoke was also a place where two outlaw doctors named Maddy and Az studied how people who didn't have the brain damage behaved to determine its effects and possibly discover a cure. T he remaining citizens decided to become completely self-sufficient in their own cities and have barely any contact out of that city.
To keep everyone under control, they created a surgery to make an "Ugly" a "Pretty". When you are born and begin to grow you are known as a "Littlie". Between the ages of thirteen and fifteen you are known as an "Ugly" and live in Uglyville. When you turn sixteen you get the surgery to supposedly turn you "Pretty".
the procedure is simple they will tell you. Widen your eyes while also laser cutting them to give you a life of good sight, making your lips to the fullest possible and giving you flawless skin. What more could you want?
Once you have gotten the surgery you then move across the river to "Pretty Town" with all the other young Pretties. As you get older you move from place to place, including the Middle Pretties and then onto the Older Pretties.