View Single Post
Kin-Akari
Pheonix Lover

Old 05-24-2012, 06:09 AM

Akari nodded. "It was well that I met you, fellow Priest. And yes, I am also a warrior. Long ago, my family pledged that our children would become warriors of our adopted tribe, so as I serve Suzaku, I serve my village."

After his farewell, Akari turned back to her ale. As she finished it up, she thought it over. Alec was expecting her. He was a Halfway House, someone that the village trusted to give shelter to the young ones as they journeyed the land. As much as she would love to speak further with the mysterious Kry, she knew that she could not worry Alec. As it was, she would not make his home until late. "What do you think Rei?"

Rei turned her eyes to her companion. She trilled sadly, her eyes conveying the rest of her message. "You're right. Though the world is big, and we are small, if the Great Phoenix wills it, we'll meet him again. Kry was right, there are not many of us left. And he is distinctive! Perhaps after the Quest, we'll find him again. But until then, the road calls."

Akari finished off the last of her ale and put down the money to cover her drink and the meat Rei had eaten. "Thank you Everest. May the Phoenix of the South bless a fellow bird lover."

On her way out, Akari stopped beside the table where Kry sat. He was deep in conversation with the strange robot. "My apologies for interrupting. Brother Kry, I thank you for your invitation, but I am expected, and so I must leave. My Quest requires that I keep moving, seeing the world, but my village would not look down upon my returning to the greater world every so often. Perhaps we'll meet again if Suzaku wills it. May the Phoenix of the South bless you, Brother." She bowed low, honoring him.

Rei balanced herself on the moving shoulder, opening her wings to keep her balance. She didn't trill or screech a farewell. Instead, she let loose a hauntingly beautiful sound.

Akari straightened. "Farewell." She turned and walked out the tavern door into the evening. The road beckoned.

((I'm bowing out here guys. It was fun!))