Thread: nothing ATM Goodbye yo.
View Single Post
Siri
\(@O@)/
Send a message via AIM to Siri

Old 05-30-2012, 01:30 PM

Hey, I've been lurking around and reading everything that was said here (because I'm nosy like that... haha). I was banned a while ago when the staff 'presumed' I was cheating and I think they were right to assume that since I was working to get all the rares with my little sister. We communicated IRL so I'll admit that we looked suspicious when she helped me farm the games and there was nothing on the site really except for a few private messages. In other words, it looked like we were just one person with multiple accounts. But we were both unbanned since there was no real evidence against us. Yes, I'll admit that we probably 'bent' the rules a bit, but I see people helping each other out all the time and I feel like our case wasn't really different. Our end goal was to have one of each item shared between our two accounts (bc there was really no need to get two of each of the rares when there were so many other people questing for them).

I do agree that sometimes the staff presumes too much. For instance, in my case, my sister and I further were accused of doing a 'fake' role-play. During my correspondence with the staff support account, whoever I spoke to said that we were one person because our style of writing was too similar (WTF?). I think they were grasping at straws trying to prove my guilt at times. Which was not cool and really frustrating.

But... I'm sort of feeling like we are NOT getting the entire story here. :(

In the end, my sister and I were unbanned because of the lack of evidence and I felt like I was treated fairly overall. I've been happy on Menewsha ever since and I don't think I've been in any trouble since (haha, except when I'm too vocal with my complaints/suggestions). Xb

tl;dr I don't think we're getting the whole story here. Having gone through something similar myself, I feel like we're missing half of the conversation. I'm not really friends with BellyButton and I thought I was friends with the people who were banned, so I'd like to think I'm being pretty impartial here. I just don't really want Liz/hummy to be manipulated (which yes, I think is happening here too). :(