View Single Post
p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 06-30-2012, 12:21 AM

As soon as the tavern door opened the cat and mouse fell from the ceiling. The cat landed on it's feet on the bar, and the mouse landed in Biti's hand before poofing into thin air. She sat up quickly and levitated herself up from the counter to swing her legs off the side to stand.

"Welcome to Betoverde Tavern," she said in a bubbly voice. "I'm Biti. This place is wonderful. There's a beautiful lake out back with hot springs, and a waterfall about a mile in that direction." Biti pointed towards a wall in the tavern. Immediately a window formed there and played a picture of the waterfall.

Biti smiled a cocky smile. It always fascinated people when she did those things. "The bar and kitchen are a free fer all," she added, "I don't play maid." She leaned against the bar and rested her head on her palm. "You'll be needing a room." With that, a key appeared in front of Daralis. Biti knew she probably wouldn't be leaving any time soon. It took a level headed person free of any negativity and pain to get out of this forest. Few ever left alive.

~~~*~~~*~~~

The entire time Biti showed off, Ren stood just off to the side, sipping at his hot chocolate that he really wished was coffee, and rolling his eyes from time to time. When Biti finally stopped talking, Ren moved to lean his side against the same side of the bar Daralis was on. He gave her his widest smile, "I'm Ren, I live here, too." Of course, that was only because he couldn't leave, but nevertheless he lived there.

Already Ren was flirting with his eyes. "You want me to make you a drink? I make a mean drink." Biti was probably the one rolling her eyes now. It wasn't even noon yet and he hadn't even finished his hot chocolate, that he didn't even want. He shifted his eyes to look at the man who'd entered and sat at a back table, then he and Biti shared a glance and a shrug. If he wanted to be bothered, he would have come to them, right? Who knew? Neither of them ran this place, or knew how to properly anyway.

~~~*~~~*~~~

Vexaline. Vex is a smooth talking, con-you-out-of-your-clothes kind of gal. She's beautiful, curvy, charismatic and sassy. She grew up an orphan and recently escaped from a very bad relationship, although she's a tough girl and tries not to let it show. She has long loose-curly blonde hair and amethyst colored eyes. She stands at about 5'5".

Vexaline hopped out of the wagon and waved it off as it disappeared into the distance. She'd hitched a ride with a band of traveling gypsies to get to this "amazing tavern" she was told of a few years ago, but they refused to enter the forest. Some superstitious crap reasons.

She smiled to herself as she headed down the trail. Soon the gypsies would realize that at least half of their jewelry was missing, but it would be too late, they wouldn't dare travel into the forest in search of her. They'd been kind enough to lend her some clothing and she wore a long flowing skirt ordained with gold pieces that jingled when she walked, and a half shirt that ended just below her breasts. The sleeves went down to her wrists in a soft sheer fabric and her blonde hair was pulled back with a bandanna.

Now, thanks to her stealing skills, she also had an assortment of beautiful gold bracelets and anklets, earrings, and necklaces. She smiled again with rouged lips. She'd been traveling for two days now and that hadn't been quite long enough to heal her busted bottom lip or bruised cheek. Nor had it been long enough to heal the bruises that lined her wrists, her throat and other various places.

She wasn't sure when exactly it was she finally came to her senses, but finally, she had. She'd packed up the few belongings she had, and left in the middle of the night while Jinsu was sleeping. Now, here she was stepping up to the door of this amazing tavern, starting a new chapter in her life.

Vex pushed the door open and stepped inside making a beeline to the bar where she sat and waited for service.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 06-30-2012 at 12:45 AM..