View Single Post
Cora
Pixel Pixie

Pixel Pixie

Old 07-29-2012, 12:50 AM

It was a brief moment but she saw the red in his eyes and it frightened her. Something deep in her head screamed that she should run from the situation and never look back. Deep in her mind she knew that both Warren and Vincent where dangerous creatures that could be leading her on only to prey on her, and yet, and yet she couldn’t bring herself to leave. A wave of fierce pain, which he could no longer hold from her hit her and she fell briefly to her knees, barely able to keep herself from screaming out from the pain. How much more would they torture Lewis? That look in Vincent’s eyes told her that he couldn’t take much more of it.

Warren walked across the room and although she couldn’t hear what he said from where she sat on the floor breathing heavily she knew what he must have done. He had tried to smile at her but the pain was clear in the man’s eyes. No, she thought to herself, he wasn’t a good liar, he was a good friend. She fought her way to her feet even though she could still feel the pain from Vincent. Warren spoke to her directly, “if you ever see his eyes that red again Blaire, hide in that hiding place or get away fast. In a state like this he may not be able to control his feeding.” She looked at him and nodded, barely able to say a word though the pain had eased when he fed from warren remnants of it still echoed as an afterthought.

“I am sorry Warren I jugged you wrongly.” He had looked at her in that moment, “I do believe that he is to be trusted.” she nodded in that moment and looked at Warren. Would things have been so much more different if he hadn’t been there? Would she still be standing here? She had to admit that she probably owed him her life. She watched as Vincent made his way across the room towards her, He looked into her eyes as he said it, “I am sorry you are being thrown right into this world, I had planned to take time getting you used to working with me before.” She shook her head but didn’t say a word immediately. In that moment as they stood there she knew she could be mad at the whole situation, she could even run away and never look back, but she knew she wouldn’t. She trusted Vincent, for whatever that meant, and she knew she was in this for the long hall, “You didn’t choose it to be this way any more then I did. No need to apologize” she said it softly, her kind nature taking over.

After a few moments she looked away to where Warren was standing and walked over to him. There was a soft almost pleading nature in her voice, that had been rather cold earlier. “You can help him right? I don’t think he can take much more of this”