View Single Post
Lunna Dea
Lady of Niflheim, Mistress of Shadow and Ice.
Send a message via Yahoo to Lunna Dea

Old 08-11-2012, 08:03 PM

Sasha watched as the thoughts of what others might have called them cross Blaire face before she nodded. It had taken her a lot longer to understand what the mark meant to the rest of the world. How long would it take before Blaire was asking what other monsters went bump in the night that were real and not created by the Grimm’s. She saw the thought did not seem to occurred to her as other thoughts forced their way in. “I do not believe my family even miss me if truth be told.”

“It’s not that they would miss you it more of you will miss them. if you don’t ask to be allowed to age as you natural would, you can stay this age for many years to come. It’s a nice thing about the marks, along with the ability to heal faster than a normal human.” She walked over and placed a tea pot full of water on the gas stove. “And no you’re not wrong in trusting them. They are some of the growing few that see us as partners not as food. Maybe one day they will be open to the world and all humans will have a choice of getting to know them. But for now we are the guardians between the living and them. We know more of how to deal with them and how to get at them then they do for us. You and I can walk in the sunlight and escape them if we need but they need us. You know where he sleeps and soon enough you will know how to get into it as well. He trusts you right now more than you do him.”

Her hands move quickly and daftly as she set up a tray of tea cups and little foods that one would take if one had high tea. There were tinned biscuits and scones, tiny little sandwiches and cuts of fruit. By the time the pot was boiling she had everything ready on the tray. The tea pot was the next thing she prepped, a will rounded scoop of tea went into the pot before the water was added. She laughed at her comment about him being perfect. “None of them are Perfect, don’t ever think that. Each one has his or her blind spots just like us humans do. They have just had a lot longer to learn how to hide them. try not to see them as all knowing beings or one of these days it will get you killed. They are just humans with little tricks.”

She was just finishing with the tea when Blaire asked if they should go to the living room. She smiled and nodded yes to it. “I will be happy to answer any of your dozen or so questions.” With that she lead them out into the living room and sat down on a cream fainting couch. She had placed the tea and food on the small table that sat between the couch and a cream chair that seemed to be of the same set. She smiled and poured out a glass of tea for each of them then held up a heaping scoop of sugar. “sugar or lemon?”