View Single Post
Cora
Pixel Pixie

Pixel Pixie

Old 08-15-2012, 07:21 PM

Blaire listened as Sasha told her that she had already suspected it had only been a day since she had met Vincent, which only brought more questions to light for her. Sasha also told her that it was now her job to foresee any dangerous individuals who might be out to harm them, any of them she presumed. She wondered for a moment how Sasha had known she met Vincent the night before, and thought it an extremely pertinent question to ask if she was to be keeping tabs on people in her own time. She looked up at Sasha for a moment but there was a soft smile in her eyes, “How is it that you keep tabs on people?” she said softly, “I mean, for instance, how was it that you had known I only met him yesterday?”

She listened as Sasha spoke about tea almost as if it was a passion of hers. To Blaire the idea of putting Scones in tea had been a strange one but one that came out tasting exceedingly good to her after the second or third bite. Had she been bogged down by tradition? She looked up at Sasha at that point, doing things by taste seemed to make a hell of a lot more sense than doing things by tradition alone. “I entirely see your point, I never would have thought to try things in that manner, simply because tradition states otherwise, but I shall try to branch out more” she laughed a bit at her own daftness.

“I am glad that I could put your mind at rest for a bit, and if there is anything you need just give me a ring. I will leave a number where you can reach me by your phone.” Blaire smiled at this point and stood up to offer both her hand to Sasha and also to take care of the tea tray. She thought about the night and all the things she had learned even over the course of one night. She looked at Sasha, “you have been beyond helpful tonight, thank you” she said in a very genuine way. “I think I will be picking at your brain for some time when we meet again in the future. I’m sure, with our rather unique position that we will meet again”

“I hope you can cook, because you will need to cook for yourself.” Blaire really did laugh out loud at this statement. After ten years of fending for oneself you learned to cook or you starved. Though she did have to admit it had been some time since she had had anything decent to cook with, more than one night she had found herself living off of rats and peoples food scraps but she wasn’t about to tell Sasha this, instead she simply said, “I’ll have to cook for you sometime and let you judge for yourself”

She held out her hand to the small, but exceedingly cheery Sasha, happy for the first time in as long as she could remember that she felt at home with the people around her. “It was incredibly nice to meet you, I hope we may have many more nights to sit around and have perhaps less serious talks.” After she had seen to it that Sasha was going to be alright to make it home for the night she made her way up the staircase to the next floor. Looking up the stairs toward the third floor she remembered what Sasha had said about none of those rooms being for her and nodded to herself. Although she was curious she did not head in that direction but instead took to exploring the second floor.

She found that there were four decent sized bedrooms located on the second floor and that each of them was furnished much like the rest of the house, simple but elegant. After taking a moment to look at each room individually she settled on one of the rooms towards the side of the house where the rising sun would not bother her in the mornings. By the time she would have sun leaking into her room it would probably be time to be awake at that point anyways, that was if she found much time to sleep, she reminded herself. She would need to steal cat naps here and there for the time being.

She looked around the room she had chosen. It was the simplest room of the four, but also the one that suited her the best. Four pieces of furniture lined the walls of the room. A bed, which was nicely adorned with a beautiful olive green colored quilt, a polished wooden desk, a polished wooden table, which sat beside the bed, and a polished wooden set of drawers. Quietly she made her way across the room and sat down on the bed which was a nice quality of softness and found herself drifting off to sleep just about as soon as her head hit the pillow.

That night her dreams carried her far away, at least far away to her. She dreamed of cold laughter in a pit of darkness. It caused shivers up her spine that she could not even begin to shake. Something about the cold laughter was familiar to her. She could not place, at the moment at least, where she had heard the laughter from before. It caused her to wake in a cold sweat not moments after she had fallen into the deep slumber. Lying awake in bed she tried not to think about the cold cruel laugh and eventually, she managed to lull herself back into a dreamless sleep. It would be hours before she would awaken again, and by the time she did the dream and the laughter would no longer even be a fleeting thought to her.

When she awoke hours later the sun was still shinning high in the sky. She stretched for a moment and looked around the room which was foreign to her. Moments passed by as she tried to remember where it was she had spent the night at. It only took her a few sleepy moments for the memories of the night before to hit her in full force. She was sleeping in a bed that was in a house belonging to none other than the Vampire named Vincent. If she would have told herself all of this two nights ago she would have thought herself going barking mad, and yet here she was. She decided for the moment at least that she would rather be no place else.

She forced herself, despite still having the will to go back to sleep, out of bed. The next few moments where spent making sure the room was, in its entirety, exactly as she had found it in the first place. She made the bed without a wrinkle on it. After a look around and a satisfied nod to herself she made her way down the stairs towards the floor she had only partially gotten acquainted with the night before. In the daylight it had an even more charming feel to it with the light that shone brightly through the windows. She made her way to the kitchen and, after pulling a few things out of the icebox, proceeded to make herself something to eat. After all the last thing she had eaten where a few scones the night before and her stomach was now loudly protesting.

Blaire spent the rest of the Afternoon exploring the downstairs. Eventually she found herself in the library much to her surprise. Taking down a book from one of the shelves she found her way back to the living room area and curled up on the sofa to read the book, which ironically, was about Vampires.

__________________________________________________ ___________

Alice heard the old man leave and heaved a sighed to herself, she had needed to use excessive force on that one, and he had really tried her patience. Leaning against a wall in a neighboring room she knew the sun must be coming up, despite the inherent lack of windows in the room to which she stood. Her eyes grew droopy as she listened and yet she muttered so that no one could hear, “Good Luck old man” before heading towards her bed to sleep for the night. She didn’t know why she was rooting for the man, after all to her humans where generally nothing more than food to be eaten and thrown out to the wind. Something about Lewis struck her however, and part of her had hoped he would escape.

As Lewis Crept closer to the exit of the hideout he would have known that the Vampires would need to sleep soon. What he would not have expected, was that she had day guards of an entirely different sort to watch over her front doors during the morning. What he would come to face when he reached the front door was what would appear to be a man, although close inspections would tell you something was off about the man. Coming face to face with the 6’5” man would have anyone scared, but especially if that man happened to be holding and old fashioned sword. The large man looked down at the old man, with a grin, which only made his scarred face more horrifying. “So then we do have a death wish don’t we” he said with a small laugh. His voice was deep and intimidating, “I’ll happily oblige then”

It only took a moment for the man to kill the old man, but at least, for Lewis at least, the death was not painful. The giant of a man who had taken Lewis’s life looked down at the man with pity. Unlike the Vampires he did not like taking lives if it could be helped, but he worked for the mistress now and after all orders where orders. All orders had been issued, if the prisoner tried to escape then no other option but death was left to him.

Cora is also buying art, Please PM me!