View Single Post
EltiaskWolffe
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-09-2012, 03:41 PM

"If this calms down at all." Sebastian thanked her silently with a nod of his head, then stood up and turned around. "Plot a flying route to the destination Scarlett has shown us, Avina. You know the procedure: silent and swift." He entered once more into the control room and spoke out loud for Scarlett to hear. "I recommend you try to get some sleep, Scarlett. This will be a rather long flight."

As he had expected, the flight had been a long one. Through it, Sebastian couldn't get even five minutes of sleep. He kept on going through the files Avina had recovered, browsing them meticulously, trying to locate any little bit of information which might help him understand what was going on. Lab protocols, scientific articles, log entries, personal journals... All of them flashed in front of his eyes. He was able to understand most, if not all, what was recorded on the documents. They definitely showed some progress in a bioengineering project and, if his understanding of genetics was still as good as when he finished his Master's, they were trying to create an eugenic being. Sebastian's being shuddered at this thought. It had been precisely that idea which had started World War II, happened so many years before he was even born. However, society hadn't forgotten. Eugenics had been completely banned, but that didn't mean people tried to get what they wanted by doing undercover researches and covered projects aiming for "society's benefit." His head began pounding without a care in the world, so Sebastian closed all the windows he had opened and held his head between his hands. "Sebastian," Avina spoke through his SeMI, "you should get some rest. You've been pushing yourself much harder than you normally do." Master Marksman shook his head and then replied lowly. "I can't, Avina. Not until I find out what all this mess has to do with me."