View Single Post
monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 09-29-2012, 02:25 AM

I don't think expressing my frustration at not being able to afford all the things I want is wrong. I mean, its there and I like it, so I want to buy it, and I accept that I can't have it all unless I work for it (that doesn't mean it won't annoy me or upset me at times, it just means I have to learn to work harder...and well, this is a game, if I have to work too hard, I don't care anymore). I planned out how I was going to get all the rares first and foremost, and then any commons I can afford afterwards are just gravy. I haven't really been active this event because I've been dealing with a lot of real life things. Its all about finding a balance between it all, and not everyone can, because things come up and it sucks. Mostly, there are other users out there who are willing to lend a hand, but not everyone is used to such a strong generous community site. Most of these avatar sites out there are pretty cut-throat.

But I wasn't blaming y'all (if you even saw me complain, I'm pretty sure I said something once or twice about being worried about not being able to afford them all), nor did I say you should change the limit. But it still makes it tough for people like me who haven't had the time to sit at the PC all day (shit, most of the time I don't even post on mene most days), than a higher amount per post would. I mean, I guess its kindof frustrating. At .25 per post, with needing 80 tokens for a set right now, you'd need to have posted 320 times! O_O That's a lot! So...what are people going to fill up some of those posts with? Probably complaints, about how hard it is to earn the event currency, to fill up more posts to earn more event currency. I know I've done it, but I don't really think there's anything wrong with saying something is frustrating or hard....especially when people are stressed out because of a time crunch. I don't know if I'll be online tomorrow. Or the next day. I didn't even know if I was going to be here today. I'm glad that I was because otherwise I wouldn't have been able to afford the event commons I wanted. I don't think its wrong to want things to be easier...I mean, who wouldn't like all their busy-work to be magically done for them? xD Especially when there are other things to do like hangout with friends or homework or take care of children or whatever else.

On every site there will always be people who try to milk every last cent out of these things, and that's whatever, but that's why I try to buy the items *I* want, and not hoard event sets...I mean, what am I gonna do, sell them for really cheap because everyone has a billion sets (or want to hold onto them because they're so rare and they could skyrocket in price, bah!)? Nah. Not my style. xD I'd rather buy commons with tokens so I don't have to buy them with gold later, when I wanna buy the new CI or some nonsense.

Personally, I think .75 (what I think the currency is at per post right now, or last I checked) is too high! I have a TON of extra currency because I've actually been active today, and I'm not sure what all to spend it on (probably commons, lol). o__o;

But thanks, now I don't have to worry about missing out on the rares, and that is awesome. It means I might actually get some sleep.