View Single Post
keysburger
Like a Cheeseburger but not

Old 10-11-2012, 03:16 AM

Chris laughed nervously at Ana's comment, and let his eyes slide over to peek at Ana's response to his body. Of course, he could not tell for certain how she felt through her usually stoic face, but he felt that she may like what she saw. For a fleeting moment, he let his gaze fall; he certainly liked what he saw...
Chris shook his head slightly, attempting to banish the thoughts that often tried to surface when he was with her and they were both clothed, let alone now, both half naked and a handful of feet apart. The very thought of her touch sent tingles to his fingertips..
(clearing throat) Okay, Doc. This one on the inside of my hand is from my foolhardy attempt at cooking, as is this one on my thumb, and the one on my big toe. As for the small one here (pointing at the small scar on the left outer edge of his lips, speaking in a much more hushed tone) is the one i got from that, uh, unfortunate incident with the Turkish barmaid, you know, the one with the piercings? (normal volume) Other than that, I have had the great fortune of only small, miniscule, shrapnel scars from the few times we have had all out battles with the enemy.
Chris realized that although the rebels had indeed been growing, they had not really fought the Dark Presidency head on very often. That just wasn't a good idea, so the spies had actually done most of the fighting from the shadows, and that was all the more clear in the sharp contrast. This was actually representative of all that the spy division had gone through, and Chris knew that in the future, he needed to slack up on their load. This stuff had to not just work, but be a tremendous success. It would not only allow the spies to do their job easier, but then the soldiers could really do their job, and the spies would be even more effective with the distraction of a frontal assault. He couldn't put any more pressure on Palmer, though. That guy had enough on his mind.

Last edited by keysburger; 10-11-2012 at 03:16 AM.. Reason: typo