Thread: Written Clips
View Single Post
maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple Plan's song "Astronaut"

Old 11-17-2012, 06:41 AM

Riding through the hills, the blue-cloaked rider admired the woodland life around her. She was a mature 24 brunette with only one goal. To find a suitable companion for her life. Lady Chrystalina was about to start a school with the parcel of land her patron had gifted her. In order to run a school though, she needed some help. It was a project she didn't want to undertake alone. Her auburn eyes lit on a small cottage set back from the trail. It had a pretty stepping stone path leading up to and through it's small yard. The smells coming from it were a divine invitation to lunch if she ever smelled one.

Signaling her mount to a stop, she dismounted and led him behind her up to the fence. A small, white-picket fence wouldn't really work as a place to tie a horse, however Romeo was ground trained. Dropping the reins with every confidence he wouldn't so much as shuffle his feet, she went through the opening into the nicely kept yard. Carefully groomed flowerbeds bordered the inside of the fence and along the house. The pleasant rainbow of colors were pastel in nature, similar to the light green grass. Chrystalina made sure she kept to the stepping-stones in respect for such a beautiful place.

Reaching the front of the cottage, she knocked lightly but firmly on the door. Hearing voices and the scraping of a chair within, she took a step back so as to not be interfering in the space bubble of her soon-to-be hostess. The door opened to reveal a young lady who looked to be about 21. Her surprised expression said that she recognized her visitor. "My lady, how can I be of assistance to you?" Smiling in understanding, Crystalina gently asked, "I was riding past and wondered if I could have lunch here?" She doubted anyone could refuse her, the patron's adopted daughter.

True to her thoughts, the girl nodded and stepped back to let her in. Chrystalina walked inside and stood in the main room. Like many of the cottages in the woods surrounding the castle, it was well-built and kept clean. Most families boasted complete parents with several children. This was one of the few where the owner was the grandmother who cared this her youngest grand-daughter. She didn't want to take the lady's only companion from this house. She would have to make double sure of this choice. Sitting down with the young lady in the dining room, she asked, "I've seen you about the main village down in the plain. What is your name?" The girl looked up in all innocence, "Serenity, ma'am."