Hiragana
Chart and Stroke Order

Katakana
Chart with stroke order

Extra
Comparison charts of Hiragana and Katakana
RealKana- Simple website for practicing hiragana and katakana

Vocabulary
(I wish I had better/more resources here, but the vocabulary I've learned has been through a number of resources. Hopefully I can add more to this!)
Japanese Worksheets- Has a good bit of word lists to choose from to get you started!

Kanji
(A disclaimer of sorts: Learning kanji is an ongoing process. As such, there's no one good method or source for learning it. Try different methods!)
Guess Kanji Stroke Order- Now, some people like the feeling of repeated writing of a kanji to get the stroke order down and further memorize it. I stopped being one of those people a while ago, but I do think stroke order is still an important thing. But I'd rather take a guess at the order, than figure it out for each kanji as I'm already struggling to learn the readings and meanings.

WaniKani- A site that I've been finding useful for learning kanji. It's a Spaced Repetition Service (SRS) and is still in beta, but you can request an invite and it shouldn't take long. I think I waited about 2 weeks or so. There is a fee for using it, but the first two levels are free. So I recommend signing up for the beta and giving it a shot!

Read Japanese Today (book)- I haven't gotten through this, but I do like what I get out of it so far. It explains the supposed origins of kanji, making them easier to see as pictures instead of just lines.

Heisig's Remembering the Kanji(book)- I haven't tried this source out myself, but I've heard decent things about it. It is most well-known and praised for making the meanings of kanji easy to remember. The downside is that the readings of kanji is not addressed.

Kanji chart- For a while, I was simply taking either simple-meaning kanji or simple-stroke kanji, finding the meanings/readings/stroke order online somewhere and just writing them over and over. I don't do that really anymore, but a chart like this is nice to have.

Dictionaries
Wikitionary- A site I used quote a bit to discover what certain kanji meant.

Kanji Stroke Order Dictionary- Another site I used when I was just taking simple-stroke kanji and finding out the meanings and readings for.

Jisho- A useful dictionary for finding words, kanji, and sentences.

Sljfaq- A site where you can draw a kanji to discover its meaning/readings. This one takes a bit of working around and I find it easier to just use the "Multiradicals" options to find the kanji I'm looking for.

Grammar
Tae Kim's Guide to Japanese Grammar- In a number of places, this guide has been referenced and highly recommended. It's pretty straightforward stuff!

The Japanese Page: Fast Track- I like this because the lessons in each chapter are fairly short and to the point.

Verb conjugator- Type in the dictionary form of a verb and it provides a chart of its conjugations.

Index
Post 1: Introduction
Post 2: Rules & FAQ
Post 3: Japanese Learning Resources
Post 4: All around good sites
Post 5: Additional Resources
Post 6: Japanese Sites
Post 7: Helpful posts within the thread

Last edited by Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa; 11-18-2012 at 01:27 PM..