View Single Post
ChiNoMizuumi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-27-2012, 12:49 AM

The situation that the young boy suddenly found himself in broke all the theories of logic that had so invaded his head. Everything in his mind told him to back away from this mysterious being, a creature that may not even be human despite her appearance. A headache brewed beneath his skull as the tiny neurons of his brain fired continuously in a fury greater than any other, trying and trying to comprehend what the girl was saying, even if this comprehension could only remain in his subconscious. Yet, there was another part of him that sparked to life for the very first time. He could feel it clearly - a heaving warmth in his chest that could only be described as a heart. Damien's heart seemed almost magnetically attracted to the little wish-granter. She wanted to give him a friend, and that was all he ever wanted, so why not take the chance now before it never comes back?

Humans, generally, are all the same. The heart may overpower the mind, and the mind may overpower the heart. In the case of this distressed, depressed, and downtrodden youth, his heart was the stronger of the two. Unconsciously, a smile crossed the young lad's face while he stared at the ground in front of him. His muscles burned slightly, possibly from crying burning tears, or possibly from making a gesture he had never made before.

"You must travel through the whole universe, huh?" the blond asked, his voice just above a whisper now. "A billion wishes is a lot. That's a number that I can't imagine." With a tiny sniffle, the child raised his head to look at his wish-granter. A few stray tears, though not of sadness, trailed down his cheeks as his small smile broke out into a huge grin. "I'm really happy that you chose my wish," he choked out. "I… I believe in you."