View Single Post
~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 01-04-2013, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuvrette View Post
Well... I don't mean to be rude or mean or insulting.

I find it better to understand what you are drawing regardless of medium.
That is what makes it real/nice.
Even you want to achieve unreal/fantasy/abstract, you need to know the real thing to break them.

I apologized if I sound very stern up there. It is just that people come from different medium should be utilizing the experience skills theory they learnt to apply to other mediums. Some could work, some might not. When it works, great, but when it doesn't, it just means that you have more new things to learn!
Coming from different medium should be something to be proud of, not to be blame.

Now I sound like a lousy motivationer... DX
No it didn't come across as stern!! I've been through so many critiques that I felt that was what you were doing. It was helpful.
My traditional art background helps me break things down into light and dark zones and as I work it gets more detailed. This might not be the best approach for edits, but I don't know yet. I've only done the one and I'm only really pleased with the shoulder. XD
I am going to start smaller, maybe focus on shoes because I love designing shoes.
You also reminded me that I should be working from references. When I forget to the picture never comes out as I wan it to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
LONG - your pixel fish in your other thread look really cool!!!

Maybe try starting with a shirt or some socks or something? Tackle a smaller project first? I tried tackling a dress as one of my first and it's STILL not done...it's beyond repair to be honest with you XDDD
Thank you Maria! I'm working on a dolphin right now too. I want to try some backgrounds and I figured water was a pretty safe start. (I got the idea after re-playing Monkey Island)
I am probably going to scrap the dress and work on it only when I want. I'm going to start a new edit project soon. I want to try shoes. :3