View Single Post
iamnotspam
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 04-21-2013, 03:42 AM

[edit]*Sliiiiiiiiiides in after screwing up the last part of her story because she didn't leave herself enough time to finish writing*[/edit]

This is Day Five
This creature is a(n): Black Land Pegasus; this is a rare species of Black Pegasus.
This is its story:
The boy and his Black Pegasus exited the plains nearby the Elven Forests and entered a dark cavern, rainwater pooling off skin and cloth alike and leaving a wet trail as they quietly walked inwards for several minutes. When he was sure he could light a fire without it being seen from the outside, he did so; as his pegasus lay down by the fire to dry off and to sleep, the boy hung removed his raincloak and sat where he had ample view of any approach from the entrance of the cave yet close enough to the fire to keep warm.

He glanced at the pegasus to make sure it was comfortable, then removed an ancient book with fading text from his pouch; he stared at it a moment as he contemplated what he was about to do. After all, if it was found out that he had borrowed-- nay, stolen, an ancient manuscript from the Elder Wizards' Library, then would surely be in more trouble than losing his Wizards' Apprenticeship. He looked at his pegasus once more, a creature documented and taught as unreal, and made up his mind -- he had to know the truth. He cracked open the book and read aloud to himself in barely a whisper, fearing that the wind might carry his words to some wizard far away despite the raging storm outside.
"Pegasus: a once common but now extinct creature...." he flipped to the next entry. "Black Pegasus: a rare species of Pegasus, and also extinct;..." wait. The picture looked wrong. It wasn't--- what was this entry over here?

"Black Land Pegasus: the second rarest species of Pegasus; much loved as royal pets until-"
"What are you doing, Arnof?" A cold and familiar voice erupted in a deadly whisper beside the boy who jumped in fright as his face paled.
"Master Palot! I-I-I--" the frightened boy's gaze unconsciously drifted to his black land pegasus in concern, but it was alright.
Unfortunately, the elder wizard's gaze tracked Arnof's and widened in shock. Master Palot quickly regained his composure, however, and looked back at the boy with the book. "Never mind that fraudulent manuscript." He snapped, grabbed the book, and threw it in the fire. "Since you managed to find one of these, I will tell you the truth.

The book would have you believe that pegasi were natural creatures, either by creation of a god or by natural though unusual breeding. Both answers are wrong. I know the truth because, like you--" he took a moment to smirk at his trembling apprentice "--I too stole a copy of the manuscript. One of the elder wizards, who was not my master, caught me; and while my master would have thrown me back where I came from, that same elder wizard took me in and eventually inducted me into the Order of the Black Pegasus.

The Black Pegasi are, as I stated before, not natural creatures. An ambitious and evil wizard from long ago murdered his king and stole that king's Black Pegasus. After which he hid away and conducted a magical experiment on the black pegasus, causing it much pain. However, it didn't come out as he had intended; yes, the Black Land Pegasus could still fly, but now it could not carry a passenger, and its glorious wings were turned into that." he pointed at the Black Land Pegasus's tail. "That turns into feathery wings, allowing the Black Land Pegasus to glide. It's not truly flying, but...." He straightened in a second. "We must go if you want to learn more. There are Elder Wizards of an opposing Order on the way."