View Single Post
ContessaLeandra
“The first reaction to truth is hatred.”

Old 05-27-2013, 07:51 AM

Duly noted,” Ivan chuckled, although Daemon's warnings had not fallen upon deaf ears. The ancient had not acquired his position on luck alone. He had worked his way up the political ladder since his turning half a millennium ago. He'd known Mr. Nikolov for a while now...Since Russia, in fact. He had not moved to the United States until after the Cold War had ceased. He remembered the tyranny of the USSR as if it had happened yesterday. Humans liked to pretend that they were better than supernaturals...That vampires were monsters...But it was sheer hypocrisy. Did they not realise the horrors that they inflicted upon their own kind?

I believe it would be best to walk tonight,” Ivan said. “You mentioned the women would be having dinner first. We will time our arrival with theirs accordingly. Come.” He finished signing the final two documents on his desk, piled the lot of them back up, and then shoved them off to the side. He stood to his full imposing height and straightened out his garments before reaching into his pocket to retrieve his leather gloves. He wore them in case of shaking hands with a human. He preferred them not to comment on his cadaverously-cold skin... At least, not before they were writhing beneath him in ecstasy.

As soon as they had stepped outside of Ivan's mansion, a historical building constructed near the center of the town, he lit a cigarette and took a long drag from it. Smoke billowed up from between his lips as he coldly regarded the sky. “Tell me, Mr. Nikolov... What did the infant huntress look like?” Ivan asked. He started moving down the sidewalk to his immediate left.

~~

The wine selection is awesome,” Keira Kutzler replied. “As is their food! I mean, what do you expect? New York is full of Italians. They immigrate here, open restaurants...And then foodies like ourselves benefit from it! It's really the best system. I don't know why people complain about immigrants when they bring the most awesome recipes along with them! Ethiopian, Indian, Vietnamese, Mexican...It's all delicious. Can you imagine eating the same boring thing everyday without any variation?” The nerdy female shook her head in disbelief. “It would be a total nightmare! At least...I think so.

Once the pair received their dinner, Amelia immediately began asking about the men in Albany and how she was keeping her eyes open for potential boyfriends. This was clearly not Keira's area of expertise, because soon after the mention of it her jaw fell open, and the spaghetti noodle hanging unattractively from her mouth dropped back onto her plate. “Uhm...Yeah... About that.” Keira blushed. It was embarrassing to admit that she had never had a boyfriend, especially at the age of twenty-four.

...I don't really know. I don't really pay attention to that sort of thing. I can't talk to guys really well. I'm sure my parents would cry tears of joy if I even went on one date... The problem is, I'm really picky. I don't usually like anyone. Plus, I'm super insane, so even if I did they sure as hell wouldn't like me.” She finished eating her spaghetti in relative silence. Obviously Amelia wouldn't understand—she was classically pretty with natural blonde hair. Petite and cute. Charming. Also foreign. Keira was a blatant nerd who either stuttered or ranted... There was no in-between setting.

After dinner, she parked the car a couple of blocks away from the main strip of clubs downtown. “All right, Amelia! So there's tons to choose from. If you like top 40s hits, the first club on the right is good. The one after that, Club 21, has indie and electronic dance music... And the one after that is more like a sit-down bar with pool tables and karaoke. Do any of those sound appealing?

Last edited by ContessaLeandra; 08-31-2013 at 10:04 PM..