View Single Post
Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 05-30-2013, 06:53 AM

*flops into thread*

Ash has a real art shop * u *

Must make order now. *drool*

---------- Post added 05-29-2013 at 10:29 PM ----------

So... I ran into a problem. I guess how do you feel about designing my character's clothes? Haha. I have a basic idea of it, but given her status in the story it's always felt too plain? Like it needs more details, a pretty fabric pattern, more accessories, etc kinda thing. The colors aren't set in stone. I have a bunch of suggestions/ideas but no way to see it come together... OTL curse my lack of art skills.

This is the character who's outfit needs tweaking.
Hey, ashlemo:, pay attention to me!
I\'d like you to draw my: OC, Hotaru
(He/she) looks like this:
Hair: Golden Brown/Sun-kissed Brown Hair Reference (2nd one)
Eyes Color: Amethyst
Outfit: is this HotaruRefbyWheredIGo.png Photo by Gaiaon-line | Photobucket

So Hotaru is the one where this is her basic outfit, but it's too plain in the long run. See Hotaru is a Queen in her story, and this is suppose to be a causal outfit she wears when she's not sitting on her throne. In comparison this is what her knight wears. So yeah, Hotaru's outfit is rather plain in comparison. xD

The country she rules is very Japanese influenced with dashes of western influences. So like for her top I pictured it having one of those kimono designs like this or this or this. But the actual patterns are up to you. :3

As for additional accessories and things, that's where I'm a slump. I thought about like the threaded strings with bells (or some sort of ornaments) like this. On the edges of her sleeves for example. Or maybe like lace (or just a visible under layer like most kimonos) like this. You're also welcome to add a hairpin to her hair or make the obi more detailed as well.

These were a bunch of other references I was looking at for inspiration. This one or this one or this one or this or this or this.

Colors and symbols. I'll leave the colors up to you. :3 But Hotaru's favorite color is purple if that helps. Bells and phoenix/bird are the country's symbols but you don't have to use them. :3

So I hope this isn't too overwhelming. >> << >>

I kind of want (him/her) posed like this: I'll leave it up to you.
(He/she) acts like this: As I mentioned, Hotaru is Queen. So she comes across regal and calm. While she's bound to many rules, ethics and social views, she loves finding loopholes in things. Have you ever read those shoujo mangas where the prince(ss) is always the one sneaking out but still manages to get stuff done. She's a bit like that.

Hotaru has mischief side. Teasing her best friend is something she loves doing. (It's just Seika's reactions are so amusing, she can't help it!)

She does possess the ability to see the future, so manipulating people is an side effect, a trait she isn't too happy to have. Hotaru is known for carrying to large of a burden of responsibility, trying to make the world a better place while still giving people the freedom to make their own mistakes.

You can read more about her here.

I\'d like them to be drawn like this: Fullbody
And in this style: *scratches head* I guess anime-ish? xD whatever you have been doing lately.
I\'ll give you some of this: 4k

I hope this isn't too much. :O