View Single Post
p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 08-04-2013, 12:53 PM

She picked the knife up when he set it down. "I could always throw it at them or something, you know?" She mused. "Or bend their jewelries, should they be wearing any." She laughed again. Even with the things that continued to try and bring her down, it was hard not to feel somehow, carefree, around Aro.

Then he was touching her. His large hand rested on her cheek as his thumb stroked her forehead. It was a comforting gesture that shocked Axelia, but not as much as it actually did its job. The very warm hand was gentle, more so than Axelia would have thought possible of Aro, and the warmth itself gave her the feeling of being very close to another, hugging perhaps. Very comforting.

Compliments came next and a light blush crept into Axelia's cheeks. When he removed his hand she refrained from reaching out and stopping him, but didn't. How surprising Mars had been. Would the others be like this? She'd heard of all of them. None were like her. All were great at what they did. Some of them were said to be friendly and gentle, others scary and intimidating. Would she find that those things were wrong in them, too? Or was it just Axelia?

Perhaps Mars was just trying very hard to be nice to her since she was a princess or something. Though Axel never said the word princess. She didn't feel that being a princess was right for her. Not that she couldn't handle it, just that is wasn't very, fun.

Aro called the waitress over and paid for their drinks. Axelia thanked her in regards to the wonderful tea and excellent service, then thanked Aro as well. Her thank you to him was more general for now, though in her mind it covered many things.

When he looked outside at the bike, her pale gaze followed. "I live another six lights towards North Tokyo," she replied. "You don't have to take me," she added, "I love the walk." It was true. Axelia could take the city bus home after school, but she never did. The scenery here on Earth was amazing to her. Everywhere she looked she saw something new and different, and so many interesting things were always happening.

"But I'd go anywhere on a motorcycle," she added in almost a whisper. She'd really loved the thing, which would probably be surprising to anyone who knew her and saw her on it. She wasn't supposed to do things like that. It wasn't princess like. Besides, putting yourself in danger as a guardian was different from willingly putting yourself in danger on something like that. And Axelia loved it.

She laughed and looked back at Aro. "It seems you're rubbing off on me a bit," she said. "I like it. I don't get to have fun like that on the moon. Its better than walking and still gets you somewhere fast like riding the bus. Only you get to feel the wind rushing over your body and through your hair. Everything speeds by with nothing around you, like you're flying." She giggled. Aro probably thought she was one weird girl.