View Single Post
Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 09-17-2013, 01:20 AM

There are a lot of cool things in Washington state that I never properly explored while I was there. I had no idea until this last summer that the Olympic National Park was considered a World Heritage site. My boyfriend wanted to go so we checked out Hurricane Ridge, but we didn't have time to see the rainforests or the beaches. I've actually been in most of the touristy places in Seattle, like the Space Needle, the Experience Music Project, the Pacific Science Center, Pike Place Market, etc. But I didn't really pay attention to them as "special" until I moved away. When I came back to visit this summer I took pictures with the gum wall and the Fremont Troll.

There's honestly not much in my current city that's a good tourist site though. Sendai was completely flattened by bombs during WWII so few old building remain. The "castle" is just a stone base and a statue, there's nothing else to see there besides a good view of the city skyline. For me, the local things I haven't explored are more basic touristy things: never done pachinko; never been to a maid cafe, cat cafe, or any other special themed cafe for that matter; never played a UFO catcher game; never eaten fugu (puffer fish); never watched sumo; and many other stereotypical "must-do" things in Japan.