View Single Post
Tsunii
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-17-2013, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlandnymph View Post
We're wedged between Massachusetts and New York. Kinda. Below us is the Long Island Sound/ocean, and New York is the to west of us. People who want to live outside of NYC and commute to work like to come to Ct. ;)
And we get hot and humid in the summer, but have very cold, snowy winters. This summer was pretty mild, with only a week or two of hot hot days. So, that was a nice change.

Steampunk? That'll be great. I've never been to just a steampunk event, but have seen some amazing costumes at Renaissance Faires and ComicCons that people get up in steampunk gear for. I've got a bustled skirt I made, that if I was more talented, I'd make a Victorian corset for.

A little hole is a smart idea. If I can't manage to wrap my little matching geodes without a trick like that, I'll see if I can use my dremel tool to carefully drill a hole. I think I can manage without that step, but I want most of the front to show, so we'll see! I'll post pictures if it comes out good.

Hey Kirin! Feelin motivated to craft. :D
I have an idea of where you live now, but I'm gonna have to look at a map to know for sure. I think I'll do that tomorrow after work. I'm so tired right now, which is not so strange since the time is 21.00 here right now.
So you guys get the same kind of winters as we do here then.

Oh, that's more than what we've had for a long time. It seems that it wasn't until last year that it started to appear steampunk groups and associations here. And one of them decided one year ago to have this convention now. I've been waiting for this special convent for a whole year, and it's gonna be so epic! There are even going to be a ball with a live orchestra at one of the days.
What a coincidence, it's a bustle skirt that I am sewing right now. I will also make a jacket for it. And I'm glad that a bought a really nice underbust corset some years ago.

Tricks like that is really good, specially if you have no bloody idea of what you're doing. I wish I had anything to drill small holes in stone with but I don't, and I have no idea where to get one either. And if you decide to do it kind of like I did, then you don't need to make small holes in them. Just make sure that you have wire crossing the back of them and then just enough wire in the "corners" of the front to fixate the stone so it won't fall out. Then you can leave a big part of the front free.
You know the three wires going across the front of that jade charm I made. I don't even need them to be sure that the stone was fixated, I just added them for a nice touch.
And yes do so, post pictures. I want to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirin Rosenbaum View Post
Hey all, how are you all doing?
Quite fine now, except for being really tired. But that's what yo can expect when it's late at night. Well I'm of to bed now. Good night you all.