View Single Post
Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 09-17-2013, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlandnymph View Post
We're wedged between Massachusetts and New York. Kinda. Below us is the Long Island Sound/ocean, and New York is the to west of us. People who want to live outside of NYC and commute to work like to come to Ct. ;)
And we get hot and humid in the summer, but have very cold, snowy winters. This summer was pretty mild, with only a week or two of hot hot days. So, that was a nice change.

Steampunk? That'll be great. I've never been to just a steampunk event, but have seen some amazing costumes at Renaissance Faires and ComicCons that people get up in steampunk gear for. I've got a bustled skirt I made, that if I was more talented, I'd make a Victorian corset for.

A little hole is a smart idea. If I can't manage to wrap my little matching geodes without a trick like that, I'll see if I can use my dremel tool to carefully drill a hole. I think I can manage without that step, but I want most of the front to show, so we'll see! I'll post pictures if it comes out good.

Hey Kirin! Feelin motivated to craft. :D
I have the motivation but not the time to craft. What sort of crafts do you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyButton View Post
This isn't my idea, nor is it my project, but I saw this yesterday for crocheting rugs from old t-shirt scraps and it looked inspiring. I might try it if I can work up the gumption to go in the garage for the old tshirt box. I'm envisioning something smaller like a teapot sitter-onner. :)

.. it's in Russian but sometimes it's easier for me to replicate something from pictures alone.

OlinoHobby - Crochet Rug from T-shirts and Yarn
Oh that's sort of neat. Yarn and t-shirts. Except I want my old t-shirts made into a quilt.