Thread: White Walls
View Single Post
Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 10-17-2013, 08:48 PM

Michael's eyes widened at the glance. It was obvious what was about to happen, but he'd never be fully ready for it. So he clenched his teeth to at least prepare himself, but it wasn't quite enough to silence a shaking cry. He'd helped move his left leg, which was, in all, the point of it all---to move himself, as much as possible. But actually moving them on their own accord and not handling them as if they simply couldn't move was almost too difficult. How would he be able to actually support himself when just bending his knees and ankles might as well have sent him back to that basement. But it was important. He had to walk. He had to get around. Even if it would cost him an insufferable amount of pain he just couldn't get used to. Maybe he would be able to live as if he didn't even feel it. A lie, maybe, but it wouldn't make others feel obligated to ask him if he were okay, or help him somehow.

He shook his head, pulling his hands over his face "It'll be painful regardless..." He sighed, feeling a bit of accomplishment since he'd bent his legs without manually doing so, using his hands. He'd probably have to do more solo exercises now, multiple times a day to get used to it again. "It'll be okay." He promised. Sasha seemed torn in emotion, as if he didn't know how to react or what to show. "It's better than dragging them behind me. I should learn how to walk again before I'm nothing but bone and skin, y'know?" He eked out a ragged chuckle, though it sounded a bit forced. At least he was doing something now. Something that would be helped by a kind hand. But he doubted he could bend his knees anymore. He could feel the bolt holding the metal and its anchor move when he did and it would be a bit too difficult to go beyond that point.