View Single Post
p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 11-18-2013, 07:38 PM

Before Crim made it to the kitchen, there was a knock at the door. He found his way there easily, opening the door hesitantly, only cracking it to peer outside. It was another guardian, as he thought it would be. "Come in," he said, moving aside to allow the man in. He closed the door quickly behind Kenshin, locking it again. "The others are there, in the living room," he said ushering the man inside. "I'm going to fetch some tea."

It wasn't long before Crim returned with a pot of tea and cups on a tray. He placed it on the table, filling the cups, before passing them out. One for Axelia, one for Koyama, one for Aro, one for Kenshin and one for himself. He was anxious to get things done, so he spoke to Axelia, though continuing to avoid eye contact. "We should get on with it," he suggested softly. "The others are late, and they can be filled in later."

Axelia placed her cup of tea on the table as she nodded. Okay then. She removed the lid from the box that held the communicators and looked inside. Well, it would be easy to tell who's was who's anyway, the colors and trinkets seemed to match each of the guardians perfectly, though Axelia had yet to meet some of them.

Those that they had yet to meet would get their communicators as well. But the box with them would remain in the safety of Crim's home. Axelia reached in to the box and pulled out a communicator for each of them, hers last, studying it in her hand. Her's appeared to be another charm for her bracelet, to sit beside the moon stone, though it was significantly smaller than the jewel.

But how did it work? She looked into the box again. Oh! Instructions! Thank the moon and stars! She pulled the piece of paper from the box and read it aloud. Though each of the communicators was different, they would each have a button of some kind, maybe only being a button all together (like Axelia's).

All one would need to do is press the button, and say a name or names and poof, literally, a holographic image would appear something like a small television screen. The person or people sectioned up on the other side would be able to see and hear the happenings around the guardian who'd called them. They'd also be able to read their location and vitals.

As one could call others, others would also be able to check locations and vitals of any of the other guardians, as long as they were wearing their communicator, at any time. Axelia replaced the instructions into the box. "Well, it seems simple enough," she said, looking at her charm in a sort of amazement. She clipped it onto her bracelet.

"Where do we start?" she asked of the group. "Should we split up?" Axelia had never had to do anything like this, nor had she ever seen things of the sort done. While she'd taken on the role of leadership somehow in this, and would prove to be a great leader, it would take some time to get into the role properly and learn the ropes.

"I would assume that the Union would be sly in collecting their life forces," she said in thought. Public events during the weekends seemed like prime targets, but then again, maybe it would depend on which of the Union minions was doing the harvesting. Perhaps they would choose more secluded areas where they stood less of a chance of being caught.

Axelia sighed. They would definitely need to split up. They could cover much more ground that way, and hopefully find the other guardians while searching out the Union as well. "There's a track meet downtown today. I think I'll start there," she said, happy to have made some kind of decision. She looked around at the others, curious of their plans.

~~~*~~~*~~~

Lord Svad was standing at the crystal, watching the world of Earth in it, when there was a knock. He knew who it was before they entered. "Kumori," he said, pleased to see the man. "Enter." He nodded at the man with faint smile. "Let me hear your report." His expression had returned to one unreadable as his attention returned to the crystal for the briefest of moments before he allowed the picture to fade. His gaze once again fell on Kumori, waiting to hear something good.

((If you want your communicator to work differently, have at it. I never got any real feedback from anyone on the subject so I did my best! It can look and work however you guys want.))

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 11-19-2013 at 02:42 AM..