View Single Post
p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 11-26-2013, 07:08 AM

"So you tolerate me then," Axelia said, somewhat hurt. "Oh!" she exclaimed in slight surprise at that crooked grin as Aro caught her arm. They were going to ride the motorcycle then! Her excitement must have shown on her face, because Aro was already telling her be careful.

Axelia wasn't sure what he'd meant about people thinking she was getting something from their relationship. They hardly had a relationship so far, though she was confident that it had the potential to be a grand friendship. Aro was very much unlike any man she'd ever met.

The men on the moon were much more polite to others. They were smaller, gentler, and perhaps far more more dull. Axelia liked Aro. Even if he was only tolerating her. Maybe if she picked up on some of the mannerisms from Mars, he'd feel more comfortable around her.

She wondered what the typical Mars person was like. If they were like Aro, they were stubborn. Axelia could be stubborn. He was also very confident in everything he did. Axelia could be confident. She'd try both of those.

She planted her feet so that he'd have to stop dragging her, and crossed her arms. She gave her best careless look, and turned up her nose, closing her eyes at his comment about someone like her. "I'm perfectly capable of handling the Union, on my own."

After a moment, she cracked an eye to see if Aro was buying it. Was she being stubborn and confident enough? She almost giggled at the game, but kept her composure. Aro probably had really great composure, too. She could be like a Mars person, easy peasy.