View Single Post
Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕。)

Old 12-02-2013, 02:27 PM

The beast was gaining a bit. Cion turned to look back behind them, at the mass of teeth and claws. “Well this is certainly one hell of a wakeup call.” It was not the time for jokes, but he was trying to lighten the mood a bit. Ahead of them, buildings stood in ruin. Cion scanned them, a few had creatures of their own lying in the darkness. Few dared to come out with this thing on their tail though. “You have to do something!” Cion looked towards Nine. “Do what…I have no idea where we are…what is going on here” his memories were a mess at the moment, and the odd pounding in his head was not going away any time soon.

“Great, stuck with the one experiment who has no idea how to use his abilities…that’s useful” Cion rolled his eye. “Duck!” he suddenly said. Nine dropped, in time to have the large beast go flying overhead as it made an attempt to pounce on them. Their way forward now blocked off by the beast. “Don’t suppose you’ve got any bright ideas then” Cion asked. “I...” Nine took a step back, the cat like beast giving a growl as it placed a paw forward.

The quill like appendages of its back rippling along with its muscles. Cion moved forward, putting himself between the beast and Nine. “Guess it’s up to me then” he said, “oh boy…” The beast roared, there was no way the little robot was going to be able to stand up to it. He’d be squashed in an instant. Nine’s hands went to his head for a moment, I have to do something…anything, he thought. The pounding in his head got a bit worse. The beast roared, jumping at them once more from where it stood. “Cion!” Nine reached out a hand, as if to stop the robot.

What he did not count on, was the rusted and broken down remains of a car nearby to follow the movement of his hand. A strange rush of feeling moved through his body, the car flying through the air slammed into the side of the beast in midair. It gave a surprised and confused yelp, before flying to the ground feet away with the car shell on top of it. Nine merely stared, confused and shocked himself. “Whoa, now that was close, thanks” Cion floated over, giving him a slight jab in the arm, “I thought you didn’t know how to use your abilities.”

“I…don’t…” Nine looked at his hand, had that really come from him? What was going on, what was all of this? It had to be a dream, it couldn’t be real. This, this was not the world, and people were not meant to do what he had just done. “I don’t mean to be a killer of the mood but look!” Cion pointed, the car shell was moving, and the beast was getting back up. They couldn’t sit around and wait for the beast to come after them again, the two of them turned, taking off once more.