View Single Post
Mr. Mayor
NPC

Old 12-20-2013, 08:28 PM

Hello my friends! Come on in, sit down, make yourselves at home! Leave everything about this year behind you and let's just enjoy the now. Because it's been an intense year, hasn't it? It certainly has been for a great deal of us here on Menewsha anyway!

So this Winter Nights, we're focusing on the fact that dispite all the drama of past months, we're all still here and in one piece. So let's take a deep breath, relax, and celebrate still being alive!

We're aiming for a friendly and laid-back feel this time around, so the ballroom has been transformed into a wonderful chill-out lounge. We've "borrowed" furniture from various parts of the town hall, so one or two offices and lobbies
may be missing their sofas, banquettes and side tables now...Every cushion has been requisitioned, and I have personally comfort tested every single place to sit, how's that for dedication. ; )

No bright lighting; the chandeliers are turned down low so they just cast a gentle glow over the ceiling. Each group of seating has a table lamp, so the whole room feels cozy and intimate, despite its size. Rich, warm colors are everywhere, it's the ultimate in comfort in here!

At the end of the room that leads out onto the veranda there's some space for dancing, and there's always going to be some music, but not loud enough to make talking difficult. The orchestra are all going to be here, but generally just a few of them at once. Sometimes it will just be a string quartet, then maybe just a pianist, followed by a sax soloist, etc. They'll all be entertaining you with music they have chosen themselves, and they say they are more than happy to take requests.

Of
course there's food. Waiters will be circulating around the room with trays of delicious nibbles, you won't even have to get up out of that comfy chair. The waiters will also do their upmost to bring you any beverage you desire. Test them! See if they know how to make your favorite winter warmer. Their hot chocolate is a particular delight, I must say!

So are we all ready to spend some quality time? Good company, good food, happy times indeed, let us begin!!