View Single Post
blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play them like a lullaby, like a reason why.

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 01-07-2014, 04:03 AM

The woman was enjoying herself, biding her time while she waited for Cain. The café was surprisingly lively for such a rainy day. A small smirk crossed her lips because she knew well that the man she was waiting for wouldn’t be pleased. Of course it wasn’t her fault. She had no idea that the café was so popular. She took another bit of the muffin, watching the other people.

Odessa’s eyes narrowed slightly as she got the feeling she was being watched. She chuckled lightly to herself. “It seems my wait is about over,” the woman mumbled to herself, staring at her tea. When he approached she pretended not to notice until he threw the paper onto the table and spoke. The woman looked up at him with a grin. “Well that didn’t take as long as I expected. Next time I’ll have to make my note harder to figure out.”

“Why you ask?” Odessa laughed. “Well for one you don’t get out enough my dear Cain. Do you realize all the things that you are missing?” Her golden eyes lingered on her male companion. Even though he was trying his posture was still a little stiff. She grinned again, continuing her teasing before she got to the point. “Another reason is because this café has some of the best tea in the city and I wanted to get some today. Hot tea is always nice on a rainy day.” Which was true, but today she had opted to get the iced Oolong tea instead.

It had always seemed a little strange to her how playing games like this one seemed like the natural thing to do when she was with Cain. When she had first met the man she could tell he was different. The way he carried himself and looked at the world wasn’t the same as almost everyone else. It all intrigued the woman and made her curiosity grow. Odessa had found herself tagging along with Cain even though he had made it clear at first that he didn’t want her company or need it. That didn’t deter her though she continued to do what she wanted like always.

The auburn haired woman lowered her eyes, once more looked down at her tea. “I’ve been wondering why are we here? I mean this city doesn’t really seem like a place you would stay for long due to how many people there are.” She looked back up at him, curiosity shown in her eyes as she stared into his. The woman smiled, her tone turning velvety, “Also I wanted to know if you would search for me if I disappeared.” Maybe her reasons weren’t the greatest, but being in public like this gave her the upper hand for a change. Plus she was wondering what she meant to the male.

Last edited by blueblackrose; 01-12-2014 at 04:26 AM..