View Single Post
hilarbees
2122-6101-0161 - N3DS
Send a message via MSN to hilarbees

Old 01-13-2014, 01:20 AM

<< Hello! And welcome to the collection of hilarbees's stories from the wonderous place known as Romana Academy where you will be able to get to know my loverly lovelies, also known as my babies... also known as my original characters! ^u^v I hope you like them and feel free to message me about them at any time! I'd love your feedback. I also have pictures I've done of the characters along the way. Unfortunately, I am working on this from the WIFI at a hospital right now and this tablet will not get me the URLs I need to post the images now, but I will post them later. In the meantime, if you would like to look through the pictures, here is a link: Colors Live Piccies. Otherwise, on to the stories~!! >>

The late spring sky was a deep, cobalt blue and very few clouds slowly drifted by. A young Kunzite stared up as she sat in the field that lie just through the small wooded area behind her house. She had all of her hair tucked tightly inside a big, corduroy hat. Hugging her knees tightly to her chest, a glint of tears in her eyes, she thought about how hopeless she was for running away as she had. She felt stupid and ashamed.

"Hey!" She heard her childhood friend Lapis call, scoldingly, from the edge of the woods. She didn't respond. She didn't want to talk to him. She didn't want to talk to anyone. He attempted to call her once more before proceeding to approach her.

Lapis sat down beside her, grunting a bit. Kay, as was her nickname, was his very best friend, and he never expected that to change. At the time, he was thirteen and Kay was twelve. They were both going through a lot of changes, and Kay had become completely self-conscious, especially about her hair. Lapis knew what was wrong. He knew what had happened with the other girls at school.

"Hey," he said gently. At first he had been upset at her for taking those girls so seriously. "Those girls don't mean anything." He put his arm around her. "You shouldn't worry about what they say. Your hair is beautiful. More beautiful than their's will ever be. It's soft and fluffy, yet silky with gentle waves." Lapis grinned widely. "I love your hair the best. They're just jealous."

"You know that's not it!" Kay squeezed the tears out of corners of her eyes and wiped them away with her forefinger. "They think I'm some kind of freak because it's naturally like this. That's what bothers me..." Kay sniffled. Lapis chuckled a bit and pulled off his vizor, his light blue locks falling down to his cheeks.

"So what? So what if they think you're a freak? They're the ones who are missing out. They're the ones who will never get to know such an amazing person as yourself. They will never be able to experience what it's like to have you for a friend." He looked over to her and smiled brilliantly. "So please don't cry. They're not worth your tears."

"You don't get picked on anymore," Kay said to Lapis, admiringly, as he removed her hat, allowing her shoulder-length pink locks to fall into place. "How were you able to get them to stop?" She inquired. This wasn't the first time she had asked him. Lapis turned his face away, blushing a little. It wasn't something he was proud of and he knew she would scold him for his behavior. He had never intended to tell her that he had beat the living daylights out of those guys, but he was satisfied with the results. Unfortunately, that wasn't something he could do to the girls picking on Kay.

"I don't know," Lapis shrugged. "Apparently I'm scary, " he said, laughing.

"Scary? You?" Kay laughed with him and bumped him with her shoulder. He bumped her back.

"Try not to be so sensitive to their words," Lapis advised. "You look best with your smiling face." Kay beamed a smile up at him.

"I'll do my best!" She promised him with those words.

"Now, let's go home. You know our parents are wondering what's keeping us when the bus has already gone by. They'll think we were detained," Lapis raised his eyebrows and Kay laughed.

Lapis was actually Kay's next door neighbor and their parents were really good friends as well. Apparently, they had all worked together in their younger days, but they never really talked much about their jobs back then. It seemed to be a bit of a touchy subject, so Lapis and Kay avoided bringing it up, though they secretly speculated about what they had done back then together.

Lapis walked Kay to her door, "I want to make sure you're really okay before I go."

"I'm fine, Lapis, thank you! You've cheered me up, like always," Kay assured him. Then she went inside and left Lapis to go home on his own. Lapis frowned a bit, still worrying about her.

Lapis was clearly protective of her, and Kay wasn't completely oblivious to his true feelings. He truly cared for her as more than just a friend, but Kay did not return those feelings. Kay loved him as a dear friend and an older brother, but she didn't have romantic feelings for him. So she feigned obliviousness and hoped he would never confess to her. She wanted things to stay the way they were.

Last edited by hilarbees; 02-13-2014 at 07:31 PM..