View Single Post
Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 01-25-2014, 04:06 PM

January 25, 2014

This past week my have been the easiest work week. We had off of school Monday for Martin Luther King Jr. Day. I worked Tuesday and Wednesday. And then for the second half of the day on Thursday, we had activity teacher planning so we had a sub in the room and we sat around in the teacher's lounge and planned things together. And yesterday the county paid for me to go to other schools and observe their music teachers to get ideas for my class room. Over all - it was a really great day! I saw two teachers who were very different and were both very amazing! And I saw one teacher who stood up and lectured to both the classes I observed her for...which is something I will never do as I believe music should be hands on.

In addition, yesterday I went on donorschoose.org. It's a website that teachers use in order to get donations for their classrooms. A couple friends of mine have used it and have completed projects to buy 800-2000 dollars worth of items for their students.

So I started a project to buy 4 xylophones for my class so that I can have more students play at the same time...and not have to sit out while students are playing. It's in the process of getting approved...hopefully it gets approved and I can complete this project!