Thread: Forgotten Wars
View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-08-2014, 07:02 AM

"Aladdin." The word came unbidden to Steel's mind and he said it without thinking. Though he tried to decipher the word, but couldn't remember its significance. "Did I think that was the boat's name?" It seemed important to him, but he couldn't remember at all why. Maybe he did dig down and see the boat's name. This entire conversation felt surreal. He couldn't help but think that Lee's words were beautiful when he described the lake, but the details of it meant nothing to Steel. Besides his reoccurring dream, he had no memories of the place. No time spent with another person. He felt a person's presence, but it was no more than that. No sunsets, no memories of what ice cream tasted like if he really thought about it.

"I don't remember you at all," Steel whispered. He lifted his arm to show the tattoo there, then inspected Lee's arm. "I don't remember what this tattoo means either, or how I got the two inch scar on the back of my leg. You'd think that would be significant enough of an injury to remember. How can I remember my brother and my parents, my friends from school and the name of my fifth grade teacher, but not remember any of these other things?" He couldn't help but let his emotions color his voice. He was confused, worried, doubtful, and a little ashamed to admit the shortcomings in his memory.