View Single Post
Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 02-12-2014, 03:26 AM

Connor laughed, shaking his head and really smiling for the first time in a while. It felt odd, but familiar and warm. "Yeah, sure." He pressed his forehead against Akai's for a moment. "I don't care what you have. As long as you're alive. And okay. And you can recognize me." He blinked, scaring away the threat of new tears and backing away. "Hey, guys... My parents and I were really talking something over recently... Well, a few weeks ago..." He stood, patting Akai's hand and turning to the others.

"Recently there've been... advancements in current prosthetic limbs and organs." Connor said, looking from Akai, to his parents, and back again. "And because of Akai's position now, his status as... well, basically, a hero, he's been covered for two limbs. And we want to pay for the third. They're state of the art, controlled by your brain, they connect to the nerves still alive in your limbs and can function and feel just like real limbs." He was passed a magazine by Miller, and he opened it to a dog-eared page. When he opened it, he showed it to the three. It was a two-page view of a prosthetic leg before and after application. In the before page, the leg resembled a metal skeleton encased in an indestructible case, and after, the limb had taken on a natural look and feel custom to the body it was on.