View Single Post
Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 02-17-2014, 06:40 AM

Connor closed the magazine and set it aside, stepping around to Akai and hugging him, pressing his lips against his hair. "I know, but I want you to really think about it. When you realized a few weeks ago that you didn't have legs... and only half an arm... and you were so horrified... I had to do something. I had to tell you before any of the officials come by to. But I'll let you talk about it..." He breathed in, calming himself and ushering his parents out along with him. He closed the door, and they sat in the nearby lobby, where his mother put an arm around him and Connor sighed, cradling his head in his hands and fighting off the urge to wail. He didn't like being away from Akai, but he deserved some time with his parents after so long away. And after being so terribly injured. He knew he couldn't have saved his legs, but Connor felt as if he hadn't quite done enough.

"That whole thing was a cruel bastard of a situation." Connor muttered, and felt his father's hand squeeze his shoulder. "It forced us out, hurt someone I loved and forced me to take care of the life threatening wounds. We... We'll pay for that arm, right?" Connor didn't need his parents to help if they wouldn't. But they agreed, and their kind words eased him just a bit.