View Single Post
Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in exchange for your immortal soul.

Old 02-17-2014, 07:36 AM

At this point, Amory was slowly falling victim to sleep, though his troubling thoughts still plagued him in his dream-like state. Why was someone provoked enough to kill him? What should he do? How could he possibly even dream of leaving town, of starting his life all over again? Curled up on his side, he stirred as Sam approached him, but did not actually take any notice to his being there. He would have been way too far gone to comprehend what his presence meant, even if he had noticed the man entering the room. Instead, arms wrapped loosely around himself, eyes closed lightly, he was dazing off. His eyebrows were still slightly furrowed, an indication that his thoughts carried over into his sleep, but for the most part his rest was rather peaceful.

When he was spoke to, Amory had no immediate reaction. Instead, he remained still for quite a few moments after his initial shifts. Then, slowly, he moved his arms closer around himself. "He was once... Not so bad..." He murmured quietly, some part of him still awake, though not enough so to realize the situation here. "Killer... Why'd the hired one, he--" he paused, eyebrows drawing further together in confusion as his bruised hand balled itself into a fist. The skin there was already bruising, the hit he sent at the table having damaged him more so than it had damaged it. Amory was not a fighter; his skin was too soft, and his muscles not quite toned enough. He also simply didn't have the heart for it. Working with the mob at times was too much for this reason.

"Giuseppe wants me dead... His man warned me. His man did... Giuseppe," Again, his arms pulled closer around him, and his body tensed, the images beneath his lids reminding him of his past relations with his ex-Don. He was more of an ex-lover in some ways, but in none that Amory had truly desired. "I am stuck here," he then whispered quietly, sadly, but resigned to it in the way that many of those working in similar careers seemed to be. "He'll off me."

Last edited by Arc Angel; 02-17-2014 at 07:44 AM..