View Single Post
Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in exchange for your immortal soul.

Old 02-18-2014, 01:06 AM

Just before leaving, he grabbed a fedora to complete his more casual outfit, then grabbed the same coat he wore the night prior from atop his dining room table to wrap himself back into. The Don is dead. He kept repeating in his mind as he stared down his front door quietly instead of leaving right away. I'm free, but why do I still feel my nerves in bundles? He would never own up to it, but he was still rather shaken after having been told there had been a hit placed on him. Giuseppe was that upset with me... Shaking his head, he forced his hands to cease their shaking and walked out of his apartment quickly, before he could convince himself of otherwise. He needed to get his practicing in with the band for the night's set, and that wouldn't happen unless he actually made it there to do so.

The speak easy was a different sight to see during the day time, without the music wafting through the air, no crowds of people huddled around the entrances, the only folks around dressed to work and merely passing on by. It always amazed Amory to see the city transform at night, to come alive with the restlessness of the night and all that the Dons' clubs had to offer. Today, however, he found relief in seeing the normal sights of the daytime business going on. Last night still shook him, and he hadn't been fond of the idea of leaving his apartment again this morning, even if he wasn't in such an emotionally stressed state. That... angel really did the trick. He smiled a little to himself, almost finding it silly that he had felt so relieved after that. At least, he didn't feel so broken after that sleep.

Not many were in the club so far this morning, aside from a few stage hands, a bartender keeping track of their stock, and a couple of musicians that he would play with later on that night. "Amory!" One of them greeted him warmly from across the room, sending him a wave and a smile as he walked up tot he two of them. "Morning, gents," he replied with a warm smile, nodding at the both of them, "Steven, John." Steven, the one to initially wave him down smiled in reply, but the other stood by with an uncertain grin. "Hear the news? Bloody menace that did that work." He commented on the death of Don Giuseppe, seeming wary of it himself. Steven interjected as Amory's eyes merely widened. He still wasn't sure how how to take all of this in. It's strange to think that he'd gone. Amory stood there zoning out, smile still gracing his features, though his thoughts were still muddled within. He ended up missing out on his turn to speak, earning some confusion.

"Hey, kid?" One of them asked, and at that point Amory hadn't been able to realize which it had been. Shaking himself out of it, he chuckled and shook his head. "Sorry boys, getting into the mindset. Ya know?" He quickly covered himself, and they nodded in acceptance of the excuse. Amory again smiled, this time due to the flutter of happiness he felt around musicians that actually knew how that was. "Let's get to it, put on a good show later tonight again," he added to redirect the conversation, the three of them then sitting there to discuss what needed to be coordinated.