View Single Post
Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in exchange for your immortal soul.

Old 02-19-2014, 09:59 AM

Amory chuckled just a bit at how Sam seemed to be taking this situation so casually, bringing up trivial things, such as the water bottle's label, when Amory thought he should really show more self concern. He was upset that this had happened to him, so Amory was still refusing to let himself speak of other things, but he did find some humor in the oddity of Sam's behavior right now. Even if the situation wasn't so grand, he didn't treat it as such. Amory, on the other hand, was focused on him and his injuries. "Two goons, ya say?" He repeated, a bit of a pout coming to rest on his face, "Must've been new punks, to mix up a target like that. Idiots." Some anger did appear in his eyes at this, but it was more or less clouded with concern. Damn them... Sam didn't deserve this. Amory cared about others, and his sense of righteousness belonged nowhere near the mob.

"I can tell Capri about this, if you'd like." He then offered, seriously. The Don may not handle the situation well, but he would protect his own, even the newer ones. Though, Amory had a feeling he wouldn't be able to pin down the two guys, and even then, the punishment may overstate the crime. Even if it was hurting our newest. Noticing the feel of Sam's hand on his, a blush drew to Amory's cheeks, but he urged himself not to read too much into the simple gesture. Not to feel the butterflies that were entirely evident within his gut. However, looking down into the joy he could read in the beautiful eyes of Sam's, he couldn't help but relish the warm tingling sensation he was feeling.

As Sam seemed to wish to deny the offer, Amory shook his head stubbornly. "Oh, no, it's been decided. Please. Stay with me, your health is more important than my singing, you have to realize that," he countered, though he did prize his singing and knew that he had to work tonight. He didn't want to anger the Don. He could always talk Sam out of trouble, but that would be hard to do if he weren't here, and he couldn't exactly fix the fact that Carpi would be angry if he didn't show for the performance tonight. Sighing softly, Amory had to peel himself away from Sam, he knew. Or else I'll end up taking him home myself, and forfeiting this set. His job was his sole sense of support, the only thing keeping him afloat; he needed to keep it. Singing was everything to him.

The brush against his chest only added to the warmth he was feeling in his gut, but he knew he needed to push himself away now, or face going down a path that could be troublesome. "Here," he spoke softly, handing the cloth to Sam. He turned to scrawl down a note, his address, then fish a key from his pocket. "Head back to my place, I'll find you a taxi. Use the back exit. Rest yourself, I'll talk to Don Carpi and Aneta for you. No worries." He spoke earnestly, handing over the key and the note to Sam. Then, before he let the other even try to answer, he was poking his head outside the dressing room. He called over a stagehand, whispered with him for a private moment, then lead him in to see Sam. The man cringed at the sight of him and his eye, but made it evident that he had seen worse. He seemed to assume that this was mob-related business, which truly wasn't wrong. "This is Steven, as friend of mine. Trust him. He'll lead you out covertly, pay for the taxi. Take care, please. Don't forget who I work for." He urged, then sent one last, quick grin in Sam's direction before briskly turning and walking down the hallway.

Mentioning his employer at the end was a sort of threat in its own way, but Amory lacked the cold demeanor to actually seem to mean it. Instead, it acted as his rationality. The Don would hunt down a guy that ransacked his songbird's apartment, even if Amory didn't see that a possibility. He trusted Sam more than he knew he ought to. Even so, he knew if he shouldn't, his place wasn't much and he didn't have many expensive belongings. What was the worst that could happen? Plus, I can control myself for one night. He told himself as he walked to the backstage portion, wanting to speak with the stage manager before the performance began. Still, the face of Sam as he had nursed his eye stayed burned into his thoughts. Had that been happiness in his eyes?