Thread: To Be Human
View Single Post
Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 03-30-2014, 05:36 AM

He wanted to hit something. Not tear the grass. But what could he do? He couldn't jump the fence, it was too high, and too narrow to get between. And too hard to dig. He'd get found, stolen into a cage. Then what? He was apparently useful to Dan, why would he not kill him? He shook his head, nearly jumping when Alexis came to lie beside him. He sighed, listening, surprised to hear what he said. Jake turned to Alexis, curling up around him. At least he could offer warmth, it was a cool day.

"You'll listen?" He said quietly. He pressed closer, feeling Alexis's cool body begin to warm. "I dunno what to say, Alexis... I don't. I was such a fucking idiot to take some random ad... Without doing a fucking thing to research it. Like I thought it'd be a fucking cakewalk. God..." He shook his head, biting back the urge to just shut up and sob until he didn't have any water left in his body. No blood, no bile, and just deflate, melt into an ugly, steaming puddle. "God... I should've known. Like... So many people vanish every damn day. Like... Why shouldn't I have been wary? Tim was fucking right, I should've listened. He's not an idiot, he knew what he was saying. He knew it felt weird and wrong and it all just went to shit faster than I thought it would, I thought I'd get away but it's so far from town... I dunno if I... If I could even help you... Or those people... they're too far fucking gone..." He bit his lip until it bled, and then the cuts sealed. The next breath he took was a gasping sob and tears fell from his closed eyes. He was quiet, then, shaking with suppressed sobs.