View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 04-04-2014, 02:02 PM

ooc: Colors are fine, btw. I find the neutrals to be easy on the eyes :)

Thank god for day's off! Having worked one hell of a long week, Lance Williams was finally going to have a day to himself. Even though it was only a day, it would at least give him a chance to clean out the fridge. He could also toss all that old furniture he didn't need anymore. Not only did the old stuff clash with the freshly painted walls, but it also didn't fit with the decor. Coming from a rustic town in the middle of nowhere, Lance decided he was going to redo his house to look more l like home. A pair of antlers were mounted on the wall (a 12-pointer) and the once metal shelves were replaced with wooden ones. The living room was no longer white and gray; instead, it was green, brown, and beige. The once red and black kitchen was now painted in pale mossy green and white, a major change from the last bright colors. The bathroom, once purple, was now blue and brown to match his 'log cabin by a lake' theme.

Admiring the new look of the apartment, Lance looped an arm around his roommate. "Whatcha think, Kellie?

"Not really my style, but if it makes you less of a grump, I'm all for it. You want to tote out that 'godforsaken' end table? I'll grab the metal shelves?"

Kellie was a rather lovely woman and Lance's 'friend with benefits.' The two never really dated, but they did spend some 'adult time' with each other from time to time. In all honesty, Kellie was hoping that the relationship would become more but Lance didn't have an interest in solidifying their relationship. This 'freedom' did come with a perk, though. At least Kellie could invite any man over whenever she wanted.

"Be back in a few," Lance said as he trudged out the front door.

With careful finagling, he managed not to nick the legs of the end table on the door or the wall. Beads of sweat were on his brow, but only because he feared the wrath that would come should he damage anything. Kellie was like that -- if it wasn't perfect, it wasn't good enough for her.

Closing the door behind him (he would bitch if he left it open and let the stale hallway air into the apartment), he set the end table down in the middle of the hallway. The thing weighted a million pounds! He had no idea why so he decided to open the cabinet-like table up. Sure enough, a dozen magazines sprawled onto the ground. And of course they just had to be sex magazines.

"What the...?" Playboy magazine? He never ordered those. Picking it up, he turned the thing over and spied Lance Rosewood on the back. Rosewood? That was Kellie's last name. But Lance was his name. "Well, I didn't see that coming," he mused to himself. Completely unaware of the woman down the hall who was lingering in her arch, Lance dove into the pile to see if the rest of the magazines bore his first name. Sure enough they did.

"Should I keep these?" He was talking to himself. Or at least he thought he was. A light noise from down the way pulled his attention up from the magazines and looking right into the green eyes of his new neighbor, Samantha Walters.

Stiffening, he tried to push the magazines out of sight. That little action didn't work well though, for it sprawled the stack out more. Why, even one of the magazines slid far enough so that it was practically an arm's reach from Sam.

"Well, this is awkward." Hand running through his hair, he laughed. "Hi, you're new. I'm your neighbor Lance and..." his cheeks puffed out, "yeah I got nothing." What was he to do? Try to explain what was happening? The odds of this lady believing him was slim. Why make a bigger mess, he figured.

"Don't suppose you want an end table? I'll deal with the magazines."