View Single Post
Elmira Swift
Curator of Alluvium

Penpal

Old 04-06-2014, 03:27 AM

My daughter joined Mene today!! So excited! She's 16yo and has asked me about joining on and off since she was 7 or 8. I stopped coming here in late 2010, but she would randomly ask if I checked in on the site over the past few years. She even attended a con with me in (I think) 2008 and liked the staff who were there. They encouraged her to join when she was old enough. So... I can see this idea has germinated for some time.

When I started posting again, she dropped a few hints. I thought about it for a while because, frankly, this site is the only place I can go to and decompress without people in my face from real life. I can log on to facebook and "like" a post, then I'm hit with a few private messages. Or posts I don't care to see.

However, my tastes and interests are quite different from hers, so I can be on here with our tiny community babbling about whatever and she can be off doing something else - or we can hang out here and make rude gestures/facial expressions at each other in person. AND she knows of my tendency toward not censoring my thoughts or parsing my words whether it's in writing or in person.

Welcome to Menewsha, sweetheart! I know you'll love it here!