Thread: Carver's Blade
View Single Post
Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 04-29-2014, 12:35 AM

When the talkback show got entirely too insufferable, Iago rolled his eyes and changed the station to something random. He didn't recognize the song but it was evidently on a high note. Sticking his tongue out, he listened as the GPS ordered him to take a left in fifty feet and slipped a CD out of the dozen or so he had in his collective and slid it into the player. Liszt began swelling through the speakers and he sighed in relief at the familiar, wholly personal music as he turned and slid through the shadowy street. It was a two-lane residential area, no lines on the road, a few stop signs and zero no-parking notifications. Posters were nailed to street poles informing people of yard sales and garage sales this weekend, and Iago smiled a little, crunching the last of the hard candy in his mouth and digging for a strawberry flavored one as he approached the outer ring of police tape and CSI vans. Popping it into his mouth, he jumped out of his car and nodded to the older officer that was standing at the ready in case some curious or nosy neighbors came poking around.

"Detective Brennan." The older officer said, nodding in turn. Iago gave him a small smile and ducked under the tape, catching sight of Lawrence with someone new---a younger guy, he looked terribly nervous. He almost smiled, but was worried that this was the guy Lawrence had mentioned over the phone. He kept himself from showing his discontent outwardly, but Lawrence seemed to have a sixth sense regarding every one of Iago's emotions, which the thirty-two-year-old had to admit was very creepy. Lawrence, therefore, left the man and approached after a quick word to the guy, who Iago assumed was Cedric. "No." He said as soon as Lawrence was in earshot.

"Hell yes." Lawrence said sturdily. "He's a rookie'n all, but you think I'll put you up with a newbie that's incompetent?"

"I don't, but---"

"Stop being an ass, Iggy, it's not you." Lawrence put a finger in Iago's chest and pushed a little. "Go say hi to the guy and make him feel welcome. You remember when I put you out in patrol the first time? Those sumbitches made your life shit."

"Yeah, yeah..." Iago rolled his eyes at the mention of patrol. He'd hated it, and had no one that had been willing to take any time with him. He stepped forward, toward Cedric and stopped a few feet away. "Hey." He said, offering a hand. "Iago Brennan, head detective. I was told you'd be with me." The term my new partner didn't sit well in Iago's head, so he directly dodged it.