Thread: Closed Cover Art Contest
View Single Post
GwenaHikari
사랑해요

Penpal

Old 05-30-2014, 07:37 PM

Hello, all! ^-^

I participated in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) Last November, and I'm thinking (more like planning) of publishing my novel some time this year.

But, my novel is lacking something (besides editing) and do you know what that is? A good cover.
So, what I want from the artists here is: art work I can use for the cover of my book.

If you wish to take on this challenge see below for what I'm looking for.

What I'm looking for:
For an idea of what looking for here is what I tried to do (lol) - Cover art example

I'm hopefully looking for something better then my own artwork (obviously), the more realistic the better as well.

About my story:
My novel, is about a doll (yes the cover art from before is supposed to be her...) she is a porcelain doll, about 2-3 feet tall (or the size of a small child), she has black hair in the story and also wears black, her skin is a very pale shade (like white), she is determined, strong, sometimes violent (though not as much as one of the supporting characters lol). At the start of the story she loses her hand, (that is why she only has 1 in my cover example). The setting of the story is an old mansion (so think very large, very ritzy house lol).

What you get if I choose your art:

1st place: 2 CI's of your choice, your art work used as the cover of my book when I publish it and honorable mention on an acknowledgements page in the book.

2nd place 1000g

3rd place: 500g

Contest will run from May 30th 2014 4:00pm EST - June 27th 2014 11:59pm EST

Last edited by Nephila; 03-24-2015 at 12:05 AM..