View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-08-2014, 08:12 PM

(Based on my novels, Eclipse. It's not a romance story, but in my head...I think if these two were together at the final moment, this is how the scene would go. We'll call it...fanfiction of my own writing.)

We Share the Same Ground

Stratous stared at the other boy as he circled slowly. Terro’s hair shone red in the light of the eclipse and he accented the look with a flash of teeth. Each slow matching step they took bought them just a bit closer. When the blazing black mass sat behind Stratous like an extravagant neon sign, he stopped. “This could be our last chance be together like...this.” An arc of lightning danced out of his hand. He half smiled with his long blonde hair sweeping in the gathering breeze. Half serious, half challenge. Terro answered the look with a smirk and ground his foot into the ground enough to create a ripple of aftershocks.

“You mean this could be our last time to find out who’s the most powerful?”

Stratous answered with a far more serious look. “If that’s what you want.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Terro complained, a pout growing on his lips. He dropped his heel down into the pavement, cracking it. “You’re the one who started this all. Who’s better? Who’s a stronger person? If you want to say something else, come out and say it. I don’t know why you always say things in such a half-assed way!”

“Seriously?!” Stratous snapped his arm out and a faded bolt of light lanced through the sky. Already their powers wavered with the merging of the two skies. One second, Stratous gathered electricity on his fingertips, a second later, cold weakness seeped into him. Without the power of the element in him, what would he be but a frail youth? A sigh ghosted over his lips and the tension dropped off of Stratous’ shoulders. He stuffed both hands into his jacket pockets. “I mean that we will lose the forces after this. No more lightning. No earthquakes. The marks on our bodies will disappear along with everything that has defined our lives this past year. In a few hours we will be different people, so I thought...” Again he couldn’t bring himself to finish the words he really wanted to say. Fists clenched in his pockets, he turned his eyes away.

Terro closed the distance between them in a second. He whispered only three words. “You’re freakin’ retarded.” He grabbed the taller boy’s chin roughly and pulled him down. Their lips crashed together. Stratous’ eyes went wide, but Terro didn’t even pause. His hand held the slender blonde in place as he thoroughly kissed those pale, chapped lips. After a minute he pulled back and lifted his golden eyes to stare into Stratous’ nearly red ones. The baffled face, eyes wide with awe, and his stilled breath said he didn’t understand.

“Shit.” Terro stepped away with his face warming. He raised an arm to pull at his hair as much as hide half his face. Why did Stratous have to make him feel self conscious like that? They’d been spiraling toward this moment since the day they met and here they were, on the same plane, able to touch and feel, and knowing it wasn’t a dream. How could Stratous be so dense? “We’re not different people and never will be,” he ground out. “Face it. You’re just upset because you’re gonna to be stuck in the same world as me!”

Finally, Stratous’ face broke out in a smile. His laugh hit the wind so that Terro found himself grinning too. Stratous reached for Terro’s hand and for a second, he just held it. With all of the delicateness of a teenaged brat in love for the first time, he kissed Terro on the cheek. Surprisingly, the thrill of touching sent an entirely different kind of electricity coursing through him. If that was the case...

“That would be stupid. Because I could never hate being in the same world as you.”