View Single Post
SUPERKICKS
Nutmeg

Old 06-11-2014, 05:54 PM

The bar was ambient, to say the least. Walking through the door, you were greeted by a small gate, where they'd check your ID. When you got past that, small tables were strewn over the floor with uncomfortable looking chairs. Off on the walls were private booths where younger kids, some who were obviously teenagers, were laughing and drinking. In the middle of the bar was the actual bar itself, colored with LED lights and wrapping around in a rounded square to accommodate multiple people. Off to the side, after climbing a two step stairway, were a few pool tables. That was obviously where most of the smoke was coming from. On the other side from the pool tables was a small dance floor, where the highly drunk were dancing to the music. And on the other side, in the back right corner, were the sports heads. A few flat panel screens played multiple games at once while the drunk jocks yelled for their favorite teams.

Alison, sadly, felt at home here. The bar had become a nightly thing. It made her feel like she had some sort of life. One that didn't involve her watching Netflix on her couch for hours on end. And now she had a friend to join her. She took a sip of her beer and grimaced lightly. Not good. She stared at it for a moment. It wasn't her usual favorite. It was actually gross. She looked up at the bartender and asked him to switch her drink out for a Whiskey sour. After she looked over at Shiro, who had asked her a question. "Oh... I've lived here most of my life," She said, "With my mom and grandparents. I used to live in Jersey, but we moved down here when I was about... mm... 5 or 6?" She chuckled lightly.

Alison took a moment to look at him thoroughly. He was a slim man. At first glance, she'd probably think she could beat him down easily. But she knew there was a sort of hidden muscle under that slim frame. His face had a strong jawline, but almost delicate, as well. To be honest, he looked like he could be from a rich family. The only thing that killed it was the long purple hair that topple over his shoulders. Well groomed body, but his hair probably wouldn't fly in a family of prestige. She leaned her elbow on the counter and let her head rest in her palm. She took a quick sip of her drink and smiled lightly. "And where are you from? Is this your home town or are you a world traveler?" She said the last part a little sarcastically, just to be dramatic.