View Single Post
Hidden Cupcake
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-04-2014, 07:40 PM

Nate stopped for a moment, turning to tell bell-boy that 'yes the last time he checked he was human' when he was quite rudely interrupted by an arm in his chest and his back against the wall. This guy had a very bad habit of interrupting him.

And then he could barely breathe, that man's arm pressing hard on his ribs and causing him to wheeze every now and again. Then bell-boy was...was he smelling him? Nate managed to wheeze out something, a half-formed insult or another.

The pressure let up after that, causing him to suck in a breath. "Ggh...yeah I can...I can hear it," he panted, glaring down at the rather annoying fellow pinning him to the wall. "I have ears don't I?"

Then bell-boy explained. He explained that humans shouldn't be able to hear, shouldn't even be aware of it. And Nate felt something curdle in his stomach.

"I...I'm pretty sure I'm human..." he muttered, looking away. "No...no I am...I am human. There is no question to that."

There was a twitch out of the corner of his eyes, a movement. His eyes flashed over but he saw nothing. Because there was nothing there. It was gone he had made sure of it. It had curdled and screamed and melted into the floor of his kitchen he had watched it. He had killed it. He was positive. It was dead.

He didn't realize his breathing had become erratic until his head swam. He gasped slightly, sucking in large amounts of air in an attempt to even it out. "Human...yes...yes human..." he mumbled quietly, more to himself than the man on his chest. Trying to convince himself.