Thread: Perhaps...if
View Single Post
jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-20-2014, 10:54 AM

Hi Sarah. :) It's good to see you've logged in. Hopefully remaining bad feelings about that nasty mess won't last, because things just aren't the same now. This incident happened when we were on the old software that had no trade logs, please don't hang us out to dry for Josh's failings. At the time we went on and on and on at Josh about showing us the trade logs, and he fobbed us off continuously with his constant line of, "I'm too busy right now". Eventually, he admitted that there were no logs, he'd never coded any. He put something together, but as Snow explained to you at the time, they only showed that a trade had happened, not what was in it.

When Lee bought the site and his coder wanted to switch us to vBulletin, one of the first things we insisted we needed was trade logs, that we all could see. We mostly succeeded in that. The staff can see them, the people who Beta tested the new software for us could see them, but Ken disabled them for some reason during Beta testing, I can't remember why, or if he even said why. Inso's reluctant to enable them for you guys without knowing why Ken turned them off. Plus there's no visible sign of them; no handy Trade logs on/off button anywhere, Ken didn't add anything like that. Consequently it would mean hunting the entire site's code by hand to find the relevant bit of code, which could take weeks.

But if someone takes another person's items now, we can see that trade, we can see from the IPs if someone else has logged into your account, they'd not have much chance of getting away with it now, and haven't had since we got the coding support that we needed. :) I feel like I'm pushing the blame onto someone else here. But the simple fact is, it was entirely Josh's fault that we couldn't see what had been taken from you.

I hope that sheds more light on the situation for you. :)